HFHDC is seeking an organized self-starter to join our committed board members as we renew and expand to fulfill the Habitat mission. We are a small affiliate; in Delaware County, you will never be just another staff member. In this beautiful, rural, and vulnerable community, whose sparsely populated rolling mountains have traditionally been known for dairy farming, covered bridges, trout fishing, and miles of scenic trails, you will see your passion and spirit make a direct meaningful impact on the deep challenges of affordable housing. This is a chance for the right person to be an integral force of transformation. HFHDC is eager to welcome our new Executive Director to join us as we work hand in hand to make a genuine difference for the families of Delaware County.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● Provide overall executive leadership to HFHDC’s activities and day-to-day operations.
● Implement and oversee HFHDC’s strategic, long-term, and operational vision and objectives.
● Formulate and implement sufficient and sustainable revenue and fundraising streams.
Fundraising and Philanthropy
● Serve as primary spokesperson for the affiliate, working to establish visibility and partnerships.
● Direct the updating of HFHDC’s website, social media, and other PR/marketing.
● Identify funding and grant sources and prepare grant applications.
Administration and Management
● Serve as the primary communications link among regional and national offices, board members, committees, staff, partner families, and volunteers.
● With the Treasurer, develop and manage an annual budget and maintain effective financial records and systems.
● Ensure affiliate operations are compliant with HFHI’s mission, Standards of Excellence, and reporting requirements.
● Supervise the volunteer program to assure the effective recruitment, assignment, retention, and recognition of affiliate volunteers.
● Prepare a monthly report to the Board of Directors identifying status of significant affiliate activities and concerns.
● Help, as a Qualifying Loan Officer, to recruit, screen, select, and support partner families in accordance with applicable laws and HFHI policies.
● Work with the Construction Manager to monitor projects and ensure appropriate training and safety procedures are followed by all volunteers.
● Uphold organizational values; cultivate an environment of ethics, respect, and integrity.
● Exercise discretion at all times with highly sensitive and confidential information.
● Perform other duties as necessary.
● Work with the Board of Directors to make fundamental decisions and create/maintain strategic plans and policies.
● Assist the Board in recruiting and retaining Board members.
Strong commitment to community service and passionate about the mission of HFHDC.
● Analytical mind capable of out-of-the-box thinking.
● Ability to work independently and efficiently.
● Organized, able to meet deadlines, and able to manage multiple projects.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, with public speaking and presentation skills.
● Proficient in standard office computer programs, such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
● Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation along with willingness to travel.
● Ability to pass background check.
● Ability to obtain certification as a Qualified Loan Originator within 60 days of employment (paid by employer).
● Ability to complete HFHI Competent Person training within 60 days of employment (paid by employer).
Full time, exempt. Salary $45,000-$55,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Some evening, weekend work, and travel will be required.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: From August 1 through 21, 2020. Applications should include resume, a cover letter describing interest and qualifications, and three current references, including at least one supervisor. Please submit via email in PDF format to [email protected] or by mail to Executive Director Search, Habitat for Humanity of Delaware County, P.O. Box 226, Delhi, NY 13753.
Habitat for Humanity of Delaware County is an equal opportunity, affirmative-action employer.