IMPACCT Brooklyn is currently experiencing growth in its affordable housing lottery and marketing program. We are interested in expanding our capacity to facilitate rental lease and mortgage loan readiness to individuals applying for affordable housing, rental and/or homeownership, of units in central Brooklyn. We are looking for an Application Processor to join our team. We encourage all who are qualified and want to work with a dynamic and highly productive team to apply. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
This position will be responsible for accurately compiling, preparing, reviewing and managing applicant documents to ensure that applications are completed correctly and in a timely manner. This is a data entry position that involves preparing documents such as credit applications, financial information, etc., Other duties include entering data from documents into computer software programs and following up with applicants to ensure the collection of all required and necessary information, and that such information is completed and fully complies with current housing regulations, policies and laws and governing policies and procedures of IMPACCT Brooklyn.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, review and log applicants
- Conduct interviews with applicants to assess applicant eligibility for affordable housing programs
- Compile and review all required documentation to prepare the initial affordable housing application
- Calculate income from all income sources, including salary and wages, self-employment, retirement and other sources
- Prepare application documents for review by assessing and ensuring that all conditions and requirements are met
- Ensure completeness of application packages and meet departmental service and quality standards.
- Submit internally reviewed files to government agency for review and approval
- Satisfy all conditions when returned back to IMPACCT Brooklyn by government agency
- Ensure that approval falls within the established affordable housing rental and homeownership guidelines
- Effectively communicate with clients, team members and management on outstanding requirements and conditions.
- Update all involved team members after new documents are uploaded or status changes occur.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with applicants, government agencies, developers and/or lenders to complete processing.
- Be the point of contact for each applicant by answering their questions and obtaining all necessary documents/information to complete the application process
- Build rapport with our internal and external clients.
- Continue to stay abreast of underwriting and compliance guidelines.
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various underwriting issues and shares best practices with all team members.
- Participate in and/or facilitate marketing and outreach activities with IMPACCT Brooklyn staff, as well as, developers and lenders, if necessary
- Enter data into various computer software programs, maintain and update applicant files as needed
- Ensure compliance with established regulations and law requirements
- Maintain and update applicant log, and
- Perform other duties as directed during the project
- Associate degree in finance, real estate, marketing or related field
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application policies and procedures, consumer credit, compliance and operations
- Basic knowledge of affordable housing and/or real estate and related housing subsidy programs, such as Section 8, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and US Department of Housing and Urban Development programs are a plus
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Capable of digesting and processing information quickly
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain positive communications and teamwork with Marketing, Operations, Finance and Program staff.
Salary commensurate with experience; Health, Dental and other fringe benefits
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers
IMPACCT Brooklyn is leader in community-based development work for 55+ years. As a comprehensive community development corporation, in addition to housing development, IMPACCT Brooklyn provides economic mobility programs and services in support of residents and small businesses including: community organizing, homeowner counseling & foreclosure prevention, financial capacity building and merchant services.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.