The Career Success Coach will play a key role in ensuring success of trainees in Correlation One’s world-class data training and jobs programs. This person will work alongside company leadership and manage relationships with these trainees, with an initial emphasis on a highly impactful, innovative new training program in partnership with Amazon.
Job Description: Correlation One, Career Success Coach
About the role:
The ideal candidate will have a passion for mission-driven project work and exceptional stakeholder outcomes. This person should be an empathetic and strong communicator, able to advise individual trainees about how to achieve their career goals. This person should also be organized and a strong project manager, who can keep big-picture goals (including client management) top of mind.
Correlation One is a company where creativity and big vision are valued. While this role demands operational skills, it will also reward those who can generate innovative ideas for business operations and new product lines. You will work on a small operations team and be able to directly collaborate with firm leadership.
About the team:
Correlation One is a technology company whose mission is to create equal access to the data-driven jobs of tomorrow. We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. Our data science competitions, rigorous data skills assessments, and data science education are designed to unlock data fluency for individuals and enterprises around the world.
Our team values a healthy mix of high-level thinking + get-it-done attitude. Everyone checks their ego at the door. We have a hard-working but fun culture where the best ideas win, whether they come from our CEO or our newest team member.
We believe the biggest unsolved problem in data is people. We’re the global leader in this space, helping governments and companies climb the data literacy curve. Our leading enterprise clients include Citadel, Lyft, J.P. Morgan, Johnson & Johnson, the government of Colombia, and more.
Correlation One is currently working remotely due to the pandemic. The selected candidate for this role will likely begin working remotely, with the option to work remote or out of our New York headquarters through the end of the year.
- Oversee trainee outcomes in an impactful, highly innovative data training and jobs program for Amazon frontline workers. Trainees in the program gain skills and access to higher-paying jobs
- Work directly with a group of (150-250) trainees to help support them in one-on-one career exploration and development
- Provide resources for resume / cover letter reviews, mock interviews, and other materials related to job-search preparation
- Proactively identify roadblocks to trainee progress, and create resources and support systems that improve the trainees’ engagement and experience
- Schedule weekly check-ins and monitor trainees engagement and retention in the program, helping them resolve specific obstacles and managing them to successful completion
- Communicate insights and metrics on trainee success back to Correlation One’s teaching and operations teams
- Interface with client representatives to be attentive to needs and give voice to impactful program outcomes
- Collaborate with internal operations team to creatively assess and develop new career advising and program engagement strategies to support future growth of the program and other initiatives
Some skills we consider critical to the role:
- Minimum 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in career development or coaching, professional counseling, or related program management focused on job seekers with non-traditional educational backgrounds
- Outstanding, executive-ready written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience developing trusting relationships and effective guidance to adult learners and/or job seekers
- Familiarity with Google Suite and MS Office Suite, especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Personable, approachable, and a good sense of humor
- An affinity for communicating with others in an empathetic and considerate manner
- Strong work ethic, ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Proactive problem-solver, high attention to detail, and a quick learner
- Passion for building a solid business with a mission to change lives through training
The Hiring Process:
Our goal is to move very quickly in hiring this role. The entire process will occur over 2-3 weeks, as the program begins in Q3 of 2021. The interview comprises four stages: a resume submission, an introductory interview, a short exercise, and a final interview round. After each phase, we will inform you as quickly as possible if you proceed to the next round.
About Correlation One:
AI is poised to be the biggest economic force in history. At Correlation One, we build technology solutions to help clients navigate the data talent market and promote our mission of making data science for all.
We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. We promote data literacy through global data science competitions, rigorous data skills assessments, and enterprise-grade data science education. We have built the largest community of data science professionals in the world, including an expert community of 300,000+ data scientists. Our solutions are used by the most elite employers around the world in finance, technology, and the public sector.
Correlation One is committed to promoting a more inclusive global AI ecosystem, including dedicated programs for advancing more women and people from underrepresented communities in data science. We offer competitive salary and healthcare coverage, as well as benefits like generous vacation and, when in-office, catered lunches all weekdays and commuter benefits.
Salary Range: $70,000-75,000 (annual base salary) with the option for competitive performance bonus
Great benefits including: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, PTO