In conjunction with the Executive Director of HFO and the Board of Directors Development Committee, the Director of Development is responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of the total fundraising program for HFO in keeping with its mission, philosophy and goals.
1. Develop a comprehensive resource development plan for HFO, including:
- Create and implement a comprehensive annual and monthly giving program that will strengthen HFO’s abilities to meet its operational goals, designed to raise unrestricted, sustaining funds and to include direct mail and/or e-mail efforts.
- Identify, research and cultivate major gift prospects, i.e. foundations, corporations and individuals.
- Assist in organizing and implementing fundraising and other special events for HFO.
- Coordinate and, as appropriate, participate in the solicitation of donors on all levels and ensure the timely and appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of donor support.
2. Prepare and update, on an ongoing basis, the HFO philanthropic case for support and all funding strategies.
3. Assist in planning, organizing and taking an active role in meetings with the Board of Directors Development Committee.
4. Oversee and enhance the work of the consultant focused on corporate and foundation grants management program.
5. Assure that computerized mailing lists, donor and prospect records, and gift reporting data are maintained.
6. Produce and maintain new fundraising and development communication materials and ensure regular updating of existing materials with the Marketing & Communications Committee of the Board.
7. Prepare and monitor the Development Program budget and expenditures.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of HFO’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Two to five years of progressively responsible experience in all aspects of fundraising and resource development.
- Working knowledge of development best practices; fundraising tools and technology including Salesforce, email and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent writing and communicative skills with strong organizational and planning skills; ability to set priorities and follow through.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
$50,000 negotiable and commensurate with experience