ANDRUS nurtures social and emotional well-being in children and their families by delivering a broad range of vital services and by providing research, training and innovative program models that promote standards of excellence for professional performance in and beyond our service community.
The Grants Writer is responsible for researching and writing for potential grant opportunities and cultivating our relationship with both public and private entities that award grants. The Grants Writer interfaces with all program managers to understand their program strengths and needs and what grant opportunities might close program gaps or open up new service areas. Additionally the Grants Writer is responsible for assisting program and finance staff with grant reporting and vouchering. The Grants Writer must be able to work out of our Yonkers, NY location.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Master’s Degree in Human Service or Public Administration with a minimum of six years’ experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service or Public Administration with a minimum of eight years’ experience.
- Proven ability to generate a minimum of two times department costs in grant income.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to our organization’s core values.
- Physical Requirements:
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, 401K, Flexible spending plan, Tuition reimbursement, Medical and Dental coverage available, Aflac Hospital Indemnity and Accident Coverage available and 10 paid holidays off.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to HR-JP Department at 1156 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701 or email [email protected] or fax 914-965-3883.
ANDRUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.