Position: Part-Time Marketing Consultant
Type: Part-Time Consultant (10-15 hours/week)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
The Short Version: At nXu, we believe that it's not enough to teach kids academic skills; We owe it to them to help them identify and pursue their purpose in the world. We work with K-12 educators to support their work in developing their students' sense of purpose. We also work directly with high school and college students to articulate their purpose and map the path they will take to live their lives with purpose.
The Long Version: nXu is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by developing social and emotional learning skills. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, we have developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and we also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for a versatile Part-Time Marketing Coordinator to support the execution of our marketing and branding projects, focused on growing awareness of the need for purpose development and nXu’s role in filling that need.
The right person for this role will have experience using social media to grow an image, an organization, a company, or an idea. The right person would be available to monitor nXu’s online presence daily and would be able to spend approximately 8 additional hours a week supporting the growth of nXu’s positive online presence.
This is a fast-paced, part-time, and virtual role. The point of contact for this person is Cat Lum, nXu’s Director of Programs. This person will also work closely with Yutaka Tamura, Executive Director of nXu, and Jabali Sawicki, Compass Director at nXu.
- Contribute to organization’s branding, marketing content development, and marketing initiatives related to social media, website, and other external channels;
- Design and create innovative and engaging content for student and adult audiences to promote nXu programming and initiatives;
- Design and implement social media campaigns to grow nXu’s reputation and recognition;
- Monitor nXu’s online presence, ensuring strategic and critical growth targets are achieved;
- Manage communications and updates to nXu website on Squarespace; and
- Support the nXu team in additional areas of marketing and branding as needed.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences in terms of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and more;
- Experience using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides;
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution.
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently
- At least two years of college coursework; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
Ideally, the right candidate for this position would also possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- Experience developing and maintaining a school or non-profit’s online presence;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to build the brand of a start-up organization; and
- Two years of experience coordinating a marketing campaign.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.