This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 50,000 annually. The Executive Chef is responsible for the daily management of all kitchen and back of house food service operations at Snow Mountain Ranch; including menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, catering & special events, staff scheduling and guest satisfaction. The Executive Chef is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
- Ensure clean FS facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 4,000 meals per day during peak seasons
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
- Menu planning and development of new and creative menu concepts.
- Operate within developed Food and Labor Budgets.
- Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef & Food Service Manager to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained, morale is at a high level and excellent customer service is delivered. Monitor scheduling and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, tilt skillet, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in written and oral English.
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables
- Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- ServSafe Certification.
Salary: $38,000.00 - $42,000.00