Key leader within 20 to 75-person Department. This position will act as a supervisor within the Housekeeping Department. Senior Crew Leader will also head up crews of approximately four lodging staff to have assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned and inspected by check-in time and meet the expectations of the Housekeeping Manager. In addition to supervising, their assigned crew, the Senior Leader will assist in quality assurance checks of seasonal crew teams.
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The Lodging & Event Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading small teams in the management of lodge and cabin cleanliness as well as event (weddings, concerts, meetings) set-up.
By completion of the third week of employment and familiarization training:
- Regularly demonstrate sound leadership skills, enthusiasm towards work assignments, and desire to train and lead new employees from diverse backgrounds. Lead by example.
By completion of the sixth week of employment and familiarization training:
- Lead 3-25 person teams in the cleaning and preparation of three guest lodges and 60 guest cabins. Manage and distribute labor force in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate sound inspection skills and ability to clean and organize rooms, cabins, and public spaces to organizational standards.
- Lead 1-5 person team in managing professional laundry operations.
- Sort dirty laundry, wash and dry laundry, and fold and stock laundry in accordance with organizational requirements and OSHA regulations.
- Change equipment filters, identify broken equipment, and place work orders in accordance with organizational requirements.
- Lead 1-5 person team in setting up meeting rooms, basic video projectors, basic audio equipment, and ensuring all meeting spaces are clean and professionally set up for guest use.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, and effective to lead others and to develop subordinates.
- Must be extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and training skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work variable shifts that include weekends, holidays, and nights. This may be five 8-hour shifts or four 10-hour shifts per week. Weekly schedules will vary depending on the time of year and workload.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed and motivated.
- A quick learner able to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to access and move through all YMCA facilities. This will include walking up and down stairs and getting into and out of vehicles freely.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lb. repeatedly within a day.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Possess a valid, USA driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to exemplify qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, accountability, teamwork and professionalism.
- Possess high energy for full schedule. Ability to work at nearly 9000-foot elevation withbasic physical fitness and ability to work in varying/extreme weather conditions.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support and uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement, policies and programs and reflect YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Hourly: $14.00 - $16.00