The purpose of the Director of Annual Giving is to promote and advance the annual fundraising activities for Ridgewater College through the nonprofit arm of the college, the Ridgewater College Foundation. Primary responsibility will include creating and implementing a comprehensive, year-round fundraising campaign for annual giving in line with the college’s strategic plan. The fundraising campaign plan will include goals, strategies and programming that aim to build and engage our donor base, with a strong focus on donor acquisition and continued/increased giving. This individual will also identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with established and potential donors including alumni, seek and secure gifts, and identify potential planned giving and major gift prospects. This position will work closely with the Vice President of Advancement & Outreach / Foundation Executive Director, College President, Foundation board members and key staff.
1) Leadership and Coordination of Annual Fundraising and Stewardship Activities - 60%
- Plan, organize and implement a comprehensive multi-platform annual fundraising campaign plan which includes direct mail, e-strategies, phone calls, and personal solicitations of individuals, alumni, corporations, organizations, foundations and other potential funding sources.
- Solicit funds from alumni, corporations and other constituents of the college through personal contacts, mailings, email, social media and/or phone calls.
- Develop a working knowledge of Ridgewater College and its funding priorities to develop and articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Ensure that the annual fundraising campaign plan contains objectives, timelines, deliverables, and outcomes appropriate to cultivate and engage leadership annual gifts
- Lead the annual faculty and staff giving campaign
- Serve as a resource and main point-of-contact to provide advice, support and coordination (when needed) of student club and athletics team fundraising, per the college’s fundraising policy and approval process
- Plan and lead the college’s online giving day strategies (Giving Tuesday, Give to the Max) to include creating a crowdfunding campaign, directing marketing efforts, and coordinating the day’s event(s)
- Draft all written communication for annual giving campaigns, including, but not limited to, direct mail appeals, web landing pages, online giving pages, and other annual giving-related materials; consult and collaborate with the college’s marketing and communications team as appropriate.
- Identify annual giving donors who are potential major and planned gift donors and work with the VPAO to develop and implement strategies to engage them and move them to the next level of interest and involvement
2) Develop and manage the Ridgewater Cares Emergency Fund (RCEF) Grant Program - 10%
3) Maximize use of donor database for reporting, analysis, alumni/donor engagement, stewardship, prospect research, and data-informed decision-making - 15%
a. Manage the tracking, projections, reporting and analysis of giving data to support achievement of annual fundraising goals.
- Monitor and analyze solicitation method data and other analytics to measure effectiveness of outreach and fundraising efforts.
Analyze giving data to identify first time donors, lapsed donors, increases/decreases, and other trends and patterns
Prepare and present fundraising- and alumni-related reports for board meetings, President’s Cabinet, Executive Team and other stakeholders
Utilize prospect research techniques and/or software to identify, classify, and cultivate prospects for annual giving, major gifts, and planned giving
Incorporate best practices related to use of database for annual giving
Assist in updating, coding, and maintenance of constituent and alumni records in database; provide coordination of alumni lists for use in college / alumni outreach activities.
4) Provide support and coodination to the VPAO for board member and community engagement - 10%
*Two-five years of relevant work experience in marketing, sales, public relations, financial advisement or other similar field with emphasis on relationship cultivation and solicitation of individuals/businesses
*Demonstrated ability to ask for charitable contributions
• Proven verbal, interpersonal and networking skills and ability to deal effectively and sensitively with constituents and to develop strong collaborative relationships
• Ability to create high-quality and effective written communications, correspondence, reports, and other documents and presentations with meticulous attention to detail using Microsoft Office software
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects efficiently while paying attention to overall goals
• Demonstrated interest in diversity, equity and inclusion • Self-starter with proven ability to initiate tasks and projects and produce measurable outcomes
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in higher education fundraising
Proficiency using Raiser’s Edge or other similar database software
Experience developing fundraising campaigns, including crowdfunding and online giving
Experience with project and event coordination
Skills in research and data analysis sufficient to track giving data and trends
Salary Range: $52,500 - 77,000
Ridgewater College and the State of Minnesota offer a variety of benefits designed to support your skills and career development, and provide you with the tools and resources for a healthy personal life. Our exceptional benefits balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life balance. These benefits, along with your salary, make up your total compensation.
Health and Wellness
The State of Minnesota encourages wellness and promotes preventive care, offering many benefits and resources to help employees and their families lead healthy, balanced lives.
This may include:
- Medical and dental plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness programs and resources
- Convenience clinics
Financial well-being is about making good financial decisions today and planning for the future. The State of Minnesota offers savings and investment plans, time off, insurance options, and more to help employees meet their financial goals.
This may include:
- Public pension plans
- Deferred compensation plan
- Health care savings plan
- Vacation, holiday, and sick days
- Life, short and long-term disability, and AD&D insurance
- Credit union memberships
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Please apply online at https://ridgewater.peopleadmin.com/postings/1656
Applicants must include:
• Online Employment Application
• Letter of Interest addressing the position qualifications
• Provide a diversity statement addressing past experiences and activities, and also future plans to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Unofficial copy of college transcripts (official copy will be required upon hire)
• A list of three professional references with contact information
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Applications received by 11:59 pm on Sunday December 4, 2022 will receive priority review.
For further information please contact Jane Bohlsen [email protected] or 320-222-6075.
NOTICE: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law.
As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The employee should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.