This role will be responsible for leading and supervising the youth and teen development and sports departments at the West Shore YMCA.....
The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is seeking a Director of Youth/Family programs who will be responsible for leading and supervising the youth/teen development and sport departments.This role will also be responsible for the development, organization and implementation of high quality youth/teen and sports programs such as We Run This City, Leaders Club, Achievers, Youth In Government, Model UN, Sports Leagues and Sports Camp. The Director of Youth/Teen program will have direct responsibility for directing the We Run This City Youth Marathon program and YMCA Core Teen Leadership program
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity and On boards and develops them for success.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the needed facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, activities or events.
- Collaborates with YMCA leadership and fund development staff to identify funding opportunities to ensure program sustainability.
- Develop and maintain relationship with school administration, parents group, other organizations and agencies related to program areas Supervise employees in assigned accountabilities, monitor program operation, scheduling and verify timesheets and actual hours worked.
- Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed at all times
- Serves as Cause Driven Leader on Duty (CDLOD) during scheduled shifts
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Minimum 2 years programming experience.
- Must be able to effectively motivate management level staff to accomplish organizational goals and objectives. Must have ability to create and deliver innovative program/marketing strategies.
- Current certification in CPR/AED for Adults, Children and Infants and First Aid.
- Adhere to Bloodborne Pathogen standards and attend annual training.
- Ensure all classes taught are in accordance with YMCA of Cleveland standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of software packages and ability to analysis financial information.
- Self-motivated team player.