Communications Manager - Washington, DC
We are seeking a candidate with experience in communications, public relations, and/or journalism who wants to contribute to our mission to combat the threats to our democracy, individual liberties, and our national security posed by today’s unprecedented levels of corporate concentration and monopoly power. A successful candidate believes in our mission and will effectively promote and communicate our pioneering work to a diverse audience. This position is ideal for someone who is excited to work in a start-up environment, has a highly organized work style, and has an affinity for building and maintaining networks to help advance ideas. The Communications Manager is a key position and they will work collaboratively with our editorial, legal, and development teams to promote the work and thought leadership of Open Markets and our allies in achieving our mission.
- Coordinate with the editorial team to promote our upcoming content (includes media pitches, social media, etc.)
- Conduct press and media outreach, draft press materials, social media posts, and other elements of a successful media strategy
- Manage our website (upload our work and social media posts, update pages)
- Identify opportunities (along with other staff) to promote our organizational initiatives and products
- Track Capitol Hill to monitor hearings and publications where the voice of Open Markets should be heard
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in communications or journalism
- Strong writing skills; experience writing or speaking about progressive economic policy, U.S. regulatory history, business, and corporate structures is a plus
- Comfort with public speaking, experience interacting with reporters, and an affinity for organizing networks
- Experience working with policymakers, campaigns, or on Capitol Hill is a plus
- Experience working and managing multiple work activities and an enthusiastic team player
- Have a passion for structural change to create a just and inclusive economy and an eagerness to continue learning about antitrust and competition policy
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**