Are you interested in improving organizational and human resource performance and amplifying a culture focused on adding business value?
AARP is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our HR Group Consulting team. As the VP, HR Group Consulting you are viewed as a strategic partner, change agent, and champion for HR initiatives and will be a member of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT). An extraordinary degree of professionalism and HR expertise is required from this position and from your team of HR business partners. In this role you will collaborate with others across the organization, advise and support staff at all job levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders.
This role requires both breadth and depth of knowledge of the HR function.
- You are the primary point of contact for business leaders and a valued advisor related to the development and implementation of AARP’s human capital strategy.
- You will provide senior level partnership, advice, consultation and intelligence regarding organizational effectiveness and workforce planning to business leaders.
- You will provide leadership and expertise to enable business leaders to manage cultural change that will drive the organization to achieve long term growth objectives.
- Your team is responsible for managing employee relations issues to ensure fairness and consistency and for the development, integration, application and compliance of HR policies and guidelines across all locations and business units.
- As a member of the HRLT, you will represent HR interests across the enterprise. You will collaborate with your peers to develop and drive organization-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., rewards and recognition review, employee engagement); develop people analytics strategies that align with enterprise and business objectives across functional areas; and support the succession planning process.
- Minimum of 15 years of HR experience in a generalist capacity, previous HRBP experience; minimum of 8 years in a leadership capacity managing small-mid-sized teams of 6 or more.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local HR laws and regulations required.
- Broad and deep understanding of HR principles and practices required. Demonstrated experience with workforce planning, employee relations, talent management, and HR policies and compliance.
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships, diagnosing issues, advising, influencing, and guiding senior leaders on the HR implications of business decisions related to aspects of people-management and leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong business acumen in progressive HR practices and drives culturally appropriate change that accelerates enterprise progress.
- Ability to travel upwards of 25%.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits. This position is located at the National Office in Washington, DC; relocation may be offered.