CSN team is a key contributor to AARP's mission of social change for Americans 50+ and their families. CSN drives social change through our advocacy work by giving our members a voice—at the federal, state, local levels and community levels—on issues important to them such as Financial Resilience, Health Security, and Personal Fulfillment. Join our dynamic team as a paid intern May, 2019 through December, 2019.
CSN’s Strategic Services team is seeking a dynamic, strategic thinking, business communicator intern, who is able to tell impactful stories, provide communications support, build social media pages, convey complex messages and complete assignments under tight timelines while serving as an important part of our team. In order to be effective, the candidate must possess a multitude of analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
The incumbent will be responsible for, or asked to contribute to a variety of the functions below, based on business needs and team capacity:
- Provide communications support to the Director of Strategic Services and the Strategic Services Team.
- Draft communications including emails, blurbs, invitations, memos and social media posts;
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans for various departments within Community, State & National Affairs Group (CSN);
- Support the production of monthly, large-scale All-Staff meetings, socials other events.
- Communicate across all channels and with all levels of staff;
- Assist with tasks, special projects and assignments promoting integration across the Group and the Enterprise. Works on special assignments directed by Director, as necessary;
- AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers.
- This may include those who have previously graduated college and are now enrolled in a continuing education program.
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.