The Sr. Corporate Secretary Associate provides executive assistance to the Office of the Corporate Secretary with primary responsibility for supporting the EVP/Corporate Secretary, the AARP Board Chair, and the AARP National Volunteer President. The position handles complex travel arrangements, performs scheduling simultaneously for individuals as well as groups, maintains master calendars and rosters, prepares briefing materials, and processes expense reports.
The position also supports other activities of the Office of the Corporate Secretary including Committee and Board meeting logistics and administrative support for Board members related to their service on the Board. The position interacts frequently with the CEO's office and members of the Executive Team.
The position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, confidentiality, discretion, flexibility, teamwork, and the ability to work well with ambiguity, conflict and deadlines. The person will manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Preferred candidates will have demonstrated mastery of electronic scheduling tools, Microsoft Outlook, travel booking, and expense processing. Direct experience supporting a CEO or other C-suite executives is strongly preferred.
- Performs executive support functions for the EVP/Corporate Secretary, the AARP Board Chair, and the AARP National Volunteer President, and Board leaders including: scheduling for individuals and groups and expense submissions.
- Maintains the Board Chair's appointment calendar in close collaboration with the Corporate Secretary.
- Drafts correspondence and other communications (emails and letters) as directed by the Corporate Secretary.
- Assures the mailing of Board and Committee materials in advance of meetings.
- Supports logistical set-up for quarterly Board and committee meetings as assigned including group dinner reservations, room sets, supplies, tent cards, name badges and catering, utilizing project management skills to identify and track the timely completion of essential tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively/Strong Communicator/Writer –Effectively conveys information verbally and in writing. Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Flexible/Adaptable/Able to Manage Multiple Priorities – Flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment requiring an ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Exceptional Interpersonal Savvy – Strong ability to relate with the AARP Board Chair, AARP Directors, CEO, and Executive Team members. Must be able to relate openly and comfortably with a wide variety of individuals.
- Action-Oriented/Proactive and Quick-Thinking – Ability to "see around corners," and identify and mitigate potential issues as well as think quickly on her or his feet. Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Highly Organized and Detail-Oriented – Strong organizational skills and an ability to focus on the details are critical skills to ensure success. Experience with using project planning and management techniques essential.
- Self-Motivated/Ability to Work with Little or No Supervision – Ability to take the initiative with minimal supervision, but also recognizes when "consultation" is required.
- Sophisticated Judgment and Discretion/Decision Quality – Will be privy to information that must be protected, so being able to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment and discretion is essential. Must be able to make effective and timely decisions to keep work moving forward.
- Collaborates – Builds effective partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Nimble Learner – Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning opportunities
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.