Develops, curates, and repackages AARP content to be used as an additional member benefit that will attract and retain members by adding value to their membership.
- Takes AARP currently existing content and packages and develops it for targeted distribution to segments of members.
- Creates new content to use as a member benefit and is responsible for assigning, editing, or writing such content.
- Creates new behind-the-wall content to encourage digital registration on the web.
- Creates specialized up-to-the-minute content, when appropriate.
- Created content “events,” such as webinars, interviews, etc. that would be available to segments of members.
- Partners and collaborates with appropriate AARP teams to come up with innovative ways to use content as a benefit.
- Works with other editorial staff to determine other innovative ways to use content.
- 7+ years of experience in journalism, both print and digital.
- Strong understanding of AARP organization, priorities, history, and value to members.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, and repackaging of material
- Able to work collaboratively, closely, and effectively with leaders and colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience developing extensive and effective internal and external networking and contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle appropriate work load efficiently and effectively and manage assignments, meet deadlines, and contribute creative ideas.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.