We are looking for a talented, senior-level litigator to help us pursue social justice for older adults.
You will lead high-profile, systemic litigation and in federal and state courts nationwide to promote social justice for older people by protecting the civil rights of people, particularly low-income older adults, including matters involving:
- disability and other discrimination in accessing community-based long-term care;
- affordable housing, housing discrimination, and community development;
- the causes and consequences of social isolation, including abuse, neglect, and exploitation in long-term care facilities;
- barriers to transportation access;
- other emerging practices addressing the social determinants of health of older adults.
- At least eight years of post-J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, with at least two years of experience as first chair or lead counsel in litigation matters with responsibility for leading the planning, strategy, and execution of complex cases.
- Must be a member in good standing of the District of Columbia Bar or be eligible for admission to the District of Columbia Bar.
- Superior academic credentials.
- Experience in legal matters concerning low-income or older populations desirable.
- Experience with class or collective actions, especially on behalf of plaintiffs, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully litigate cases individually or in teams.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality essential.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.