Drives activities along the full life cycle of a client engagement, working as an internal consultant to identify, analyze, and diagnose root causes of organizational/operational problems, identify solution options and associated organizational needs, and recommend courses of action. Partners with stakeholders to understand all aspects of a situation and the pros and cons of alternative approaches.
- Advises clients and colleagues on ways to improve operational effectiveness, project execution, and decision-making.
- Manages enterprise-wide operational improvement consulting engagements of varying degrees of complexity, including developing the scope of work with clients, leveraging consulting frameworks for problem definition and analysis, managing risks, synthesizing findings, guiding communications, and defining implementation activities.
- Manages expectations and perceptions of both clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing demands and deadlines. Effectively manages organizational complexity and ambiguity.
- Uses a logical, coherent, and consistent approach to problem-solving. Challenges assumptions and probes for detail.
- Persuasively presents recommendations to clients and stakeholders to achieve specific outcomes.
- Prepares and presents relevant reports and documents regarding projects’ operational status, achievement, and performance.
- Identifies new project/partnership opportunities that enhance AARP’s operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves as a team member on other relevant projects within the department.
- Stays abreast of new analytical and consulting frameworks, methods, and leading practices to aid in the work of the department.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in at least 3 or more of the following areas: strategy development, performance improvement, business analysis, quantitative analysis, operating model or service delivery design, process optimization, and change management, with 5+ years of experience working with as major consulting firm in strategy, performance improvement, operational analysis, and solution design with significant client interface (e.g., project scoping, progress reviews, and presenting findings and recommendations).
- Lean Six-Sigma or Black Belt, PMP, or other professional certification preferred.
- Successful track record of delivering high-impact operational improvement projects and guiding implementation efforts (e.g., facilitating stakeholder buy-in to achieve sustainable results).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead cross-functional, matrix project teams toward common goals and strategic objectives, while fostering strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to synthesize results into an effective narrative and successfully present ideas to senior management.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.