The World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Science Outreach Associate at our Washington, D.C. office. The Science Outreach Associate will serve in the Strategic Engagements team within Global Science. The Science Outreach Associate collaborates with WWF staff and partners to plan science events and to develop science learning resources and communications for the Global Science team to meet their strategic goals and outcomes.
The Science Outreach Associate supports the Fuller Science for Nature Fund, Global Science Network, and the Strategic Engagements team within Global Science. Responsible for managing logistics for events, conducting thorough review of scientific and science learning resources, developing communications to inform the WWF Network, and contributing to the achievement of internal communications and knowledge management goals for Global Science. Responsible for conducting research of emerging scientific topics, convened through the Fuller program or through the Global Science Network, to contribute to Global Science’s research agenda, strategic priorities, and science delivery toward practice outcomes.
In collaboration with an interdisciplinary, cross-cutting team, the Science Outreach Associate will:
- Support the planning, development of an agenda, and strategic implementation of WWF’s signature annual event, the Fuller Science for Nature Symposium.
- Coordinate logistics for strategic science events (including seminars and webinars) within the WWF Global Science Strategic Engagements team.
- Maintain a digest of recent scientific literature and assist WWF staff with access to Global Science resources.
- Collaborate with Strategic Engagements team to develop and provide internal communications and knowledge management tools and information to WWF Network staff.
- Support the implementation of the Strategic Engagements strategy, including the Internal Communications Plan.
- Assist with drafting communications for Global Sciences’ programs and projects for different channels and audiences.
- Conduct research to contribute to strategic planning of new endeavors for Strategic Engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills with demonstrable experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred and strong program management skills essential.
- Experience in event planning and logistics desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to work independently and well with a team in a cross-cultural, inter-disciplinary, non-centralized environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and attention-to-detail essential.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other design experience a plus.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a cool head under pressure desirable.