The AHLA Foundation is seeking a Program Manager for overall support and implementation across impact programs, with an emphasis on external stakeholder engagement and management of the Foundation’s partnerships and engagement with community-based, non-profit organizations across multiple initiatives, including our Empowering Youth Program and No Room for Trafficking, among others. The Program Manager will identify, cultivate, and manage partnerships that are critical to the Foundation’s work. The successful candidate will be able to support strategic goals within these specific program areas, in collaboration with similarly focused program managers, to increase efficiencies and impact. This Program Manager will report to the Director, Workforce Development.
- Manage the RFP process to solicit Community Based Organizations (CBO) who align with our areas of impact and are eligible for grant funding
- Manage the marketing and administration of AHLA Foundation’s workforce recruitment and training programs, including professional development scholarship budgeting and approval processes
- Co-manage assigned project deliverables across Foundation program areas to ensure timely execution, including communication with internal and external project stakeholders
- Regularly source both outcome-centered data and qualitative insights to convey impact of workforce development programs in support effective fundraising, marketing, and communications
- Identify opportunities to increase impact and efficiency across programs areas to streamline external communications, as well as program development and delivery
- Support program reporting, including outcome tracking, to include annual report on program strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor CBO grant awards to manage compliance and reporting requirements to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Collaborate with Development team to continuously align program goals and deliverables with funding opportunities and commitments
- Serve as organizational representative at relevant internal/external meetings and events
- Regularly research programmatic focus areas to inform program development and strategic planning efforts
- Manage the execution of program and industry events, including volunteer management where appropriate
- Maintain accurate and relevant information conveyed via organizational website, social media channels and collateral materials
- Support operations and deliverables of relevant committee and other advisory structures
- Compile monthly program progress report for Foundation Leadership team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit and/or community-based programming, including working directly with underserved populations
- Experience developing and managing partnerships
- Proven project management experience and familiarity with program monitoring and evaluation
Skills and Attributes
- Experienced computer and software knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and CRMs – Salesforce preferred.
- The ability to source, analyze, and report on data
- Dynamic problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to be flexible to adapt to changing needs and "roll up shirtsleeves" to get the work done.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate program impact and outcomes to connect with participants, stakeholders and funders
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners)
- Thrives working in a fun and fast-paced environment and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization, while maintaining attention to detail and “managing up” effectively. Able to work under pressure, meeting project and reporting deadlines
- Strong strategic thinking skills with an ability to identify challenges and opportunities alongside recommendations for program development, enhancement or reconfiguration to meet participant, funder and industry needs
- Ability to travel (minimal to moderate).
- Position located in Washington, DC area.
- Hybrid - 3 days in office (Mon-Wed. or Tue-Thurs.); remote option for the right candidate
Interested applicants can apply by following the link:
Interested applicants can apply by following this link:
AHLA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.