The AHLA Foundation is seeking a Program Manager to manage and implement the AHLA Foundation’s academic programs and partnerships, a robust scholarship fund, and campus activities. The successful candidate will be able to support strategic goals within this specific program area, as well as across the organization in collaboration with similarly focused program managers, to increase efficiencies and impact. This Program Manager will report to the Vice President, Workforce Development.
- Manage annual academic scholarship program, including the creation of strategic and detailed work plans across activities, timelines, budget and accounting processes
- Identify, maintain, and expand relationships with affiliated universities, academic leaders, and other essential stakeholders who support scholarship administration
- Manage the Foundation’s partnerships with key academic-affiliated organizations
- Process and manage student travel scholarships to major industry conferences and events, including on-site engagement of students and relevant faculty members
- Provide oversight and guidance to student volunteers at industry conferences
- Lead AHLA’s campus chapters, including strategy development, curriculum and activities oversight, and ongoing communication
- Implement college programming, including the facilitation of year-round speakers' series
- Support the commission of research, including promotion, application process and review, committee approval, check distribution, and following up
- Co-manage assigned project deliverables across Foundation program areas to ensure timely execution, including communication with internal and external project stakeholders
- Support effective fundraising, marketing and communications by regularly sourcing both outcome-centered data points and qualitative insights to convey impact of academic programs on the industry workforce
- Identify opportunities to increase impact and efficiency across programs areas to streamline external communications, as well as program development and delivery
- Support program reporting, including outcome tracking, to include annual report on program strengths and weaknesses
- Collaborate with Development team to continuously align academic program goals and deliverables with funding opportunities and commitments
- Serve as organizational representative at relevant internal/external meetings and events
- Regularly research programmatic focus areas to inform program development and strategic planning efforts
- Maintain accurate and relevant information conveyed via organizational website, social media channels and collateral materials
- Support operations and deliverables of relevant committee and other advisory structures
- Compile monthly program progress report for Foundation Leadership team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience higher education programs, including working directly with student populations
- Proven project management experience and familiarity with program monitoring and evaluation
Skills and Attributes
- Computer and software literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and CRMs – Salesforce preferred.
- The ability to source, analyze, and report on data in support of dynamic problem solving and strategic decision-making
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to be flexible to adapt to changing needs and "roll up shirtsleeves" to get the work done
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate program impact and outcomes to connect with participants, stakeholders and funders
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners)
- Thrives working in a fun and fast-paced environment and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization, while maintaining attention to detail and “managing up” effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with an ability to identify challenges and opportunities to meet organizational, program participant, funder and industry needs
- Ability to travel (minimal to moderate)
- Position located in Washington, DC area.
- Hybrid - 3 days in office (Mon-Wed. or Tue-Thurs.); remote option for the right candidate
Interested applicants can apply by following the link:
AHLA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.