The Product Manager, ERP reports directly to the Director, Applications Support in the Technical Operations group within ITS. This role is accountable for helping develop and execute on AARP’s PeopleSoft platform’s product vision from an HR, Finance and Payroll including the customer management, solution design, execution and operations. This position will be managing AARP’s mission critical PeopleSoft platform and provide the technical leadership in maintaining and executing on the product roadmap. Also, this position includes stabilizing and maintaining operational support for the AARP ERP portfolio, which includes Oracle PeopleSoft and Hyperion. The Product Manager will help to implement processes and ensure compliance for this portfolio with AARP's IT Security requirements, and ITIL Procedures policies. This position will also serve as the point lead during critical ERP events and outages . The product manager will partner with key stakeholders & partners including: business stakeholders, vendor/partners, the AARP Vendor Management organization, ERP managed services team, , end user support. This role will work with cross-functional leaders to improve collaboration, increase cross functional expertise and decrease defects that lead to a disruption of business functions.
- Execute the AARP HR and Finance business strategy by maintaining a PeopleSoft FSCM, HCM and Hyperion Financial Planning and Analysis product roadmap that delivers intended business outcomes including stakeholder communication and management, product vision, maintaining the strategy and roadmap to delivery business outcomes, conduct market and industry research, and develop value cases and ROIs.
- Plan the work by developing and aligning projects within the product roadmap including use case and user story development, feature prioritization and backlog management.
- Deliver the work by continuously integrating and executing projects with a combination of technology and process within or across teams
- Increase adoption of the developed tools and processes through continuously improvement including planning and conducting presentations and demonstrations, leading training and change management, developing reporting and analytics and incorporating user feedback
- Manage the work by tracking and reporting actual business value, backlog, milestones, risks, dependencies, barriers, financials
- Operate the environment by ensuring system security and high availability including Issue identification and resolution and monitoring. Manage operations of production applications and oversee break fix and enhancement activities and backlogs.
- Work with key stakeholders to make frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions based on the latest business outcomes, product analytics, product team metrics, operating costs and customer feedback. Define, track and communicate key product performance indicators as required to inform this process, and track business results.
- Work closely with ERP stakeholders within the business including HR, Finance and Payroll, the ITS Leadership teams and a set of suppliers that directly support the ERP function.
- Provide input for any incident, change or project that has, or might have, a major impact on the Domain, and or on the whole of the ERP.
- Experience translating complex business process changes into requirements into technical IT capabilities and solutions.
- Analyze and refine core set of key operational KPI’s, such as: Configuration and change, Availability, & Performance
- Identifyand manage any risks to the production environment
- Work with the application managed services provider to develop and execute an application patching strategy
- Manage supplier relationships and ensure compliance with agreed-upon service level agreements to maximize business value
- Engage with stakeholders to develop and manage business continuity, application and infrastructure disaster recovery plans
- Ensure ERP production systems are operational, disaster recovery plans are in place, audit requirements are met for Corporate audits (internal and external), and financial management.
- Manage and maintain licenses, operational support contracts and critical incident process for the ERP program.
- Serve as ITS contact for business partners; provide insight and expertise on how technology-based business solutions and process improvements can support/enable business objectives.
- Validate managed services resource demand plan, resource transition and risk mitigation plans, and schedules to ensure uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Contribute to the delivery of solutions to the business by effectively leading, managing and mentoring the delivery team, including outsourced resources.
- Focus to drive down costs and ensure effective and efficient delivery of support services.
- Partner with various ITS groups to drive standard operational processes and efficiencies.
- Work in partnership with ITS leaders on strategic initiatives to continuously improve policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Work with leadership in hiring and developing strong staff.
- Maintain deep and current knowledge of the range of ITS Services and demonstrate creativity in how these services can be applied to solve business problems.
- Understand business goals and educate ITS of these goals.
- Support the Director to develop strategies to reach business goals, and head programs as assigned.
- 7+ years’ experience supporting Oracle PeopleSoft (FSCM, HCM and Payroll) through the full ERP lifecycle related experience.
- Experience managing global teams in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated experience of business stakeholders to support important business and technical decisions. Highly experienced in requirements analysis, solution design, project management and IT client service.
- Extensive experience maintaining products and services residing in diverse environments.
- Hands-on experience with backlog tracking and task definition
- Applicable knowledge of data management and data integration technologies
- Knowledge of the product management discipline.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
ARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.