This Principle Software Engineer position will primarily focus as a full stack java developer. This role is a part of the membership team working on creating new and engaging membership experiences. Will be a key team member of the software development lifecycle which includes solution design, estimation, development, and deployment within an Agile Continuous Delivery environment. This position must be well-versed in emerging technologies and how they could best apply to the work at hand.
- Responsible for producing secure, performant and reliable code in support of AARP’s digital membership acquisition.
- Works with Product, Design, and the business to produce new digital experiences and optimize current ones.
- Provides full stack development leadership and expertise while working with product managers, UI/UX designers, solution architects, technical leads and other developers.
- Responsible for ensuring the translation of requirements and wireframes into production ready functionality.
- Participate in daily scums with the development team along with Sprint planning and restrospectives every 3 weeks
- 10+ years of experience in related field with development
- Significant experience developing within customer-facing Java applications, to include experience as a full-stack web developer
- Experience in building RESTful web services, and with unit testing frameworks
- Demonstrated skill with spring boot, hibernate or any ORM
- Work with AWS or other cloud platforms a plus
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Comfortable managing complicated technical projects
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technology to the business
- Must have excellent understanding in OOP methodology
- Must be proactive and a team player
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.