The CSG Justice Center Policy Associate will work with a small team on the Access to Post-Secondary Education Project, which involves state-level policy research on post-secondary education (including occupational training leading to a credential) barriers and opportunities for incarcerated and formerly incarcerated people in all 50 states, culminating in a final report. The Program Associate will support the work of two legal fellows and a policy analyst through research, data management, writing and editing, and administrative tasks.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY PART TIME ROLE (UP TO ONE YEAR)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities of the policy associate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research information on state higher education system restrictions for people with criminal records in admissions, housing, and financial aid;
- Research information on the use of technology in post-secondary educational programs in state prisons;
- Assist with data management such as updating Excel spreadsheets and creating reports and presentations;
Participate actively in team and division meetings.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills;
- Efficient, organized work style and ability to manage multiple deadlines;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Critical thinking skills ;as well as attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
- Ability to communicate professionally through email, phone, and in person;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to work independently and as part of a team;
At least one year of work experience, ideally, in the field of criminal justice and/or higher education. Some online research experience required.