In this role you will assist in running key platforms that make up ASI’s Business-to-Business (B2B) digital strategy and assets. As part of this team, you will help formulate and execute operational support needs, as well as roadmapping & prioritization. These systems currently support the authorized-to-offer (A2O) programs and ASI corporate site. While focusing on future strategy around Media Sales, Business Development, and Provider Portal.
This position requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with an unsurpassed attention to detail. Additionally, the problems and toolset are quite varied, so therefore you should be able to take the initiative to attack new challenges and learn new skills independently. You must be well organized and flexible. We desire someone with the diverse experience and skills in requirements elicitation, DB management, Project Management, DevOps, and customer experience.
Reports to the Director of B2B Digital Strategy and works with B2B Platform Advisors, and includes the following responsibilities:
- Assists with defining, planning, and prioritizing enhancements for phased deployments
- Works with management to operationalize strategy
- Works cross-functionally across development, digital services, ASI Customer Solutions, Media Sales, ASI Business Development, and ASI Marketing in order to successfully identify and prioritize features
- Assists in creating, gathering, managing, and communicating product requirements, strategies, roadmaps, and specifications
- Collaborates across teams during the discovery phase to assess value, usability and feasibility of enhancement concept and experience
Manages projects in a highly visible and complex process that has many constituents and stakeholders
- Works on problems and ideas of diverse scope where the analysis requires simultaneous consideration of: Strategic and tactical issues; Short-term and Long-term implications; Idea generation and project execution.
- Requires independent judgment and autonomy. Frequently must address ambiguous assumptions and situations. Must be able to discern key concept drivers and provide greater definition.
- Problem solves on day-to-day activities to ensure individual project objectives are achieved, while simultaneously maintaining focus on achieving strategic imperatives. Can quickly evaluate the viability of concepts that can generate significant value for ASI, AARP, and members.
- 6 or more years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position
- 5+ years of work experience with a basis in software development, implementations, and/or project management
- Experience as a program/product manager with project management sensibilities
- Knowledge in product areas including strategy, requirements, UX design, development, and QA
- Familiarity with JIRA, MS Project, Visio, and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce and other CRM tools
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C, C#, PHP, Java, HTML, Visual Basic
- Comfortable putting together BRDs, Decision Trees, Wireframes, Project Plans, Use Cases, etc.
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of ETL processes and Data Modeling tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an unsurpassed attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work effectively, as well as to function as an effective team member in a local and virtual environment
- Mindset to support team excellence by documenting processes and evangelizing new approaches
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; demonstrated ability to work calmly in a demanding work environment subject to a variety of pressures and constraints
- Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Active PMP certification
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS and aPaaS
- Experience working in the insurance, nonprofit or financial industry
- Experience with data visualization tools and methodologies
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.