As an AARP intern in Multicultural Leadership, you will be a part of a busy and productive national team, engaged in driving awareness about AARP to multicultural audiences (African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian-American/Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaskan Native, LGBT).
- Assist in increasing awareness and engagement among AARP multicultural LGBT audiences nationwide through partnerships, programs, and advocacy as-needed.
- Support the development of multicultural marketing research and compile recommendations regarding priority audience issues with online searches, publications, and library materials.
- Provide assistance in organizing marketing collateral, webinars, and tele-town halls.
- Assist in event management support for national partnership events and internal events
- Provide project management support for new programs and marketing campaigns.
- Assist in updating internal communications channels.
- Provide assistance in coordinating with state offices for national and regional multicultural events for state presence.
Ability to speak Spanish or Chinese is a plus but not required. Excellent communication and writing skills required. Other required skills:
- Exhibit strong organizational and, multi-tasking skills;
- Detailed Oriented;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Social Media Platforms (Twitter and Facebook)
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.