Supports the work of the Public Benefits and General Services (PBGS) attorneys. Assists with client interviews, investigations and document requests. Responsible for database case management documentation of tasks and updates. Provides administrative support as required.
- Under the guidance of the public benefit attorney(s) performing such tasks as: working with clients to resolve legal problems; drafting client letters and other documents; limited legal research; assisting with client interviews; placing calls to local government agencies and other third parties on behalf of LCE clients, prepping and organizing materials for outreach presentations.
- Performs investigative work, such as gathering evidence, searching records and documents, and/or contacting potential clients and witnesses to gather information.
- Provides other litigation support, such as filing court documents, copying court files, assisting with maintaining document production, and tracking court deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining case management database documentation tasks such as: case reporting, case notes, case closures, grant reporting, and timekeeping.
- Responsible for general administrative functions for the Public Benefits & General Services Unit.
- Position requires strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to work with and support multiple staff attorneys.
- Sensitive and empathic to elder population and their legal and social issues.
- Position interacts occasionally with clients who require extra care in communication and assistance.
- Collaborates effectively with LCE staff on work and assignments affecting clients within the PBGS Unit.
- Bilingual (Spanish) speaking and writing skills highly preferred.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.