Conducts legal research and writes legal memoranda. Interviews clients, evaluates their legal problems, and determines appropriate assistance required. Provides additional litigation support, as required. Incumbent(s) in this position may perform all or a significant combination of duties depending on designated operational assignment.
- Performs case work under the supervision of an attorney including gathering facts and evidence, searching records and documents, conducting research, and/or contacting potential clients and witnesses to gather information.
- Conducts legal research, writes legal memoranda, and assists with client work related to individual case representation, systemic issues, or special projects.
- Maintains accurate, contemporaneous, and complete records and notes in the case management system concerning cases handled.
- Prepares educational materials and participates in community outreach and workshops as requested.
- Assists with the provision of legal information through speaking engagements, workshops, self-help seminars, and other ways to inform the public of our services.
- Possesses a demonstrated interest in public interest law.
This Fellowship position is not eligible for employee benefits.