This position reports directly to the VP, AARPx Design. The Director, AARPx Iterative Design will be responsible for developing and applying user focused design tools and leading large cross functional projects to ensure customer centric, high quality outcomes are designed and executed. The Director will work directly with various functional group stakeholders across the enterprise to develop channel/technical requirements for successful experience design using best-in-class human centered design trends.
- Identify emerging iterative experience tools and best practices and assess how these can be developed and applied to AARP experience initiatives.
- Apply iterative design tools such as rapid prototyping, concept testing, and co-creation to build innovative, elegant interactions for AARP's consumers.
- Lead large cross functional projects to identify, design, and test experience journeys.
- Lead the channel/technical requirement development to ensure successful design of intended member journeys.
- Develop and manage a repeatable process for executing in market experience experiments including team capacity, engagement options, and timing.
- Develop and manage the intake and progress of identified experience opportunities for testing.
- Identify and assess complimentary experience design vendors to efficiently gather consumer input for redesigned experiences.
- The ideal candidate should have 10+ years of professional experience within a customer -focused organization
- Proven results in improving the experience across all touch points, business units and technologies.
- Proven success in experience design, journey mapping, Voice of the Customer and member insight management and design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Team oriented, collaborative, that passionately advocates and articulates her/his opinion while maintaining flexibility to incorporate others point of views
- The successful candidate must possess strong leadership, collaboration, vendor management, communication, executive presence and presentation skills.
- Preferred proven experience in a Fortune 500 company leading cross organizational experience design.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.