AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. AARP Services, Inc is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AARP developing and managing commercial relationships on behalf of AARP. (ASI) Strategy, Innovation and Research team develops strategic plans, leads product development initiatives and supports business development.
The Innovation Manager is a member of the Strategy, Innovation and Research team supporting innovation initiatives and new product development for ASI; together with internal and external stakeholders. Innovation/product development areas include new whitespace areas, line extensions, product/program features enhancement and campaigns. This position will focus significantly on an innovation programs with our commercial partners.
- Cultivating deep understanding of consumers/members through human center design including assessing needs, identifying pain points/barriers, ideating value proposition and solutions, and estimating demand
- Contribute to concept generation and concept development followed by supporting go-to-market pilots
- Leading and motivating cross matrix teams in workshops to support innovation pipeline
- Contribute to business case recommendations with a cross/functional team of ASI/AARP stakeholders and our partner/providers
- Developing and managing project plans along with project logistics
- Distilling in-house knowledge, gathering consumer insights, performing ideation, and iteration of concepts through consumer and partner co-creation
- Sourcing and managing external innovation support as needed
- Documenting and delivering compelling artifacts and presentation of empathy, ideation, concept development
- Crafting professional communication to mid/senior level management
- Forging and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across two organizations – AARP and ASI
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in innovation and/or product development
- A minimum of 2+ years of client-facing agency (research, design and innovation) experience
- Completion of a Master’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience in human-centered design/design research and agile innovation principles
- Experience moderating in-depth interviews and focus groups qualitative and managing quantitative research a plus
- Proven creativity, pattern recognition, story-telling, data analytics and leveraging multiple insight sources into key insights/themes
- Ability to consistently energize and motivate while leading workshops, design sprints, empathy interviews,
- Proven ability to lead work efforts, project management and deliver initiatives on-time with attention to details.
- Advanced PPT and Excel competency; html and web development skills a plus
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.