MenEngage Global Alliance seeks a full-time Finance Officer to work in its Washington DC office. The person will be responsible for oversight of the sub-grants and compliance with grants management and financial standards, including capacity strengthening of the Alliance’s members and partners.
About MenEngage Alliance
MenEngage Alliance is an international civil society network working to transform unequal power-relations and dismantle patriarchy through transforming masculinities and engaging men and boys to advance women’s rights and gender justice for all. The Alliance consists of more than 700-member organizations across 70 countries, working together through country and regional networks. The Alliance plays a pivotal role in shaping the international agenda on work with men and boys from a feminist perspective, particularly in the areas of gender-based violence prevention, advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all, redistributing unpaid care-work, and advancing peace and security. The Global Secretariat, MenEngage Alliance [MenEngage Global Alliance] runs the daily operations of the Alliance.
About the Position
The Finance Officer will report to the Director of the MenEngage Global Alliance based in Washington, DC, and will work with a dynamic team of other staff and consultants. They will be responsible for the everyday financial operations and creation and tracking of all grants and sub-grants of the organization. The position is full-time and includes health insurance, paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $65,000-75,000 per annum depending on salary history and experience. Candidates should have a bachelor's degree and have the ability to work remotely.
Based in Washington, DC, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the everyday financial activities of the non-profit organization. It will also include working with MenEngage Alliance members who receive sub-grants to track the use of the funds and to strengthen the financial capacity of these local NGO’s globally.
Proposed starting date: November 1, 2019 or sooner
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
MenEngage Global Alliance is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive working space and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender status, disability, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
1. Basic Finance Responsibilities:
- Corporate Credit Card management
- Monthly closing assistance
2. Prepare and track budgets for grants
3. Maintain and organize correspondence with vendors, contractors, partners, consultants and donors
4. Gathering, organizing, and coding journal entries/receipts for reimbursements and audit
5. Preparing invoices and payments
6. Tracking and processing of contracts
7. Prepare for audits and coordinate with auditors
8. Prepare and track sub-grants to MenEngage Alliance networks and members
9. Assist in financial capacity building of MenEngage Alliance member organizations
10. Management of time sheets and ongoing project staffing timesheet guidance
11. HR responsibilities
12. Benefits and insurance administration
13. Other duties assigned by the Executive Director
- 2-3 years’ experience in non-profit accounting
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Detail Oriented
- Computer skills
- Experience with Accounting Software
- Hard worker and multi-tasker
- Quick learner
- Problem solver
- Receptive to suggestions and ability to listen
- Honesty and reliability
- Belief in women’s rights and gender justice for all
- Experience in financial management and financial management software
- Interest in long-term development in one organization
- International exposure
- Ability to travel internationally
- IT troubleshooting skills
- Second language skills – either Spanish or French
Please send cover letter, CV and two professional references by September 29, 2019 to: [email protected]. Candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted