Oversees the business-to-business (B2B) marketplace communications that position AARP Services, Inc.’s (ASI) unique 50+ thought leadership, services and capabilities, supports business development efforts, and leads the onboarding of new affiliates. Develops and executes communication strategies/plans across communication channels, audiences, and teams. Writes and edits communications, message points, and other business related content.
- Focuses on how ASI communicates in the external marketplace.
- Creates an annual plan for external thought leadership, event, and communications opportunities.
- Partners with ASI business development, lines of business, and the creative services group to customize corporate collateral in alignment with those plans.
- Implements and maintains ASI’s new corporate brand identity across this collateral, sales support tools, and all corporate assets.
- Provides primary marketing support to ASI business development -- creates corporate templates, customized presentations, and prospecting tools to reflect communications opportunities and plans.
- Partners with various groups to inventory and package affiliate marketing opportunities -- builds custom launch plans and leads onboarding of new affiliates.
- Liaises with various teams to reflect enterprise-wide strategy, positioning, and integration.
- Serves as the business lead to build out ASI’s new B2B engagement platforms, including .com and social media presence.
- Serves as the owner of content and experience on B2B digital platforms.Supports management in the development of corporate communications, specifically for its service provider network (these companies license the AARP brand and market unique member benefits).
- Demonstrated leadership in sales collateral, digital, and social marketing desired.
- Experience with B2B business models strongly preferred.
- Client service and matrix management experience desired.
- Ability to lead and influence without ultimate budget and decision making authority is critical.
- Consensus builder -- proven ability to work in a matrix organization and gain internal respect with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills to drive successful marketing programs.
- Must possess excellent written, visual, and communication skills.
- Tenacious, results-oriented mindset.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.