NRDC is seeking an enthusiastic and strong writer to be a summer Energy Communications intern in our Washington, DC, office. He or she must care about environmental issues, be able to meet deadlines, take initiative, be familiar with social media, and possess an understanding of how video, photos, and graphics can help communicate a story. This is a 35/hour per week, summer-long paid internship.
- The intern will be working with the senior energy communications strategist on using various tools to promote energy efficiency and support NRDC’s energy advocacy work.
- Duties will be varied and are expected to include assisting with Twitter outreach; helping to edit and/or generate fact sheets, news releases, and statements; and assisting with drafting and/or editing blogs for program staff.
- Interest in communications, advocacy and environmental issues.
- Ability to write quickly in a clear/concise manner.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Knowledge of ways to employ video, photos, and graphics to amplify a message.
- Ability to commit to at least 35 hours per week.