The Content Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the editorial content strategy between Society and Partners. The Manager will build relationships with Partners editorial leads and ensure coordination between internal Society teams and all editorial units at Partners. This position leverages content and storytelling opportunities created by Society’s Explorers and programs into new opportunities for Partners while also identifying strategic opportunities to include Society content and talent in ongoing Partners projects. Supervising the work of the Coordinator, Impact Media, s/he will ensure tracking of opportunities, pitches, and editorial coverage. Design and create pitch materials (both written and video). This position serves as the primary contact for editorial talent requests and pitches, working closely with Explorer Programs to identify the right candidates.
- Oversee execution of editorial collaboration opportunities with NGP editorial units with a focus on TV and digital. Assist in developing strategy for, and ensure execution of, content campaigns in support of SciEx projects and programs. (25%)
- As a peer with NGP editorial staff, lead NGS effort to collaborate with NGP content leads to understand their editorial needs and how to co-construct and execute on digital and TV editorial projects. Pitch new ideas, integrate talent and content into existing projects, leverage content to amplify Society goals, and collaborate on editorial projects together. Translate work of SciEx teams into story opportunities for NGP. (25%)
- Lead day-to-day editorial partnership with all NGP editorial leads with a primary focus on NGP Digital editorial - packaging content and talent, responding to requests, troubleshooting issues, and identifying new opportunities. (20%)
- Serve as “talent” agent for NGP editorial units – collaborating with Explorer Programs to identify strategically appropriate Explorers for NGP content needs. (10%)
- Lead and manage NGP Impact Fund budget and process. This fund allows for strategic funding of content priorities on our media partners across all platforms. (10%)
- Support 3rd party editorial relationships such as NPR and PBS as content and production manager. (5%)
- Write editorial pitch documents and oversee pitch videos. (5%)
- At least seven years experience in the media and communications industry leading development of content, talent, and storytelling across multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with National Geographic programs a plus.
- Strong operational and editorial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and produce content across multiple platforms
National Geographic's headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, National Geographic offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits, generous vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options. National Geographic is an Equal Opportunity Employer