This position manages projects and supports efforts to integrate operations and achieve the business/operating goals and objectives of the Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA), a collaboration of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), the AARP Foundation and AARP.
This position reports to Director, Office of Center Integration.
- Supports the Center to Champion Nursing in America, Office of Center Integration, to assure alignment of strategic and programmatic plans with established and projected annual budgets.
- Assist with budgetary tasks, contracting, invoice processing and reporting.
- Works with staff, contractors and consultants to execute projects
- Helps executive team develop and coordinate multi-faceted work plans to support special projects and initiatives.
- Assist CCNA leadership by managing projects, documents and staffing meetings held about center integration activities (such as budget, operations, workplans, etc.)
- Supports CCNA Chief Strategist / Senior Vice President, Public Policy Institute, with special projects as assigned.
- Manages multiple projects that contribute to the achievement of priorities.
- Assists in overseeing and performing project and program analysis
- Manages operation and executive committee meetings held between CCNA and RWJF through working with leadership to schedule events, communicate to invited attendees, develop agenda, provide handouts for meetings and produce minutes of the meetings.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining associated project management processes and helping to develop day to day new and evolving business processes
- Executes administrative tasks as required (such as calendaring, organize meetings, process expense reimbursements and assist with travel arrangements as needed)
- Develops and maintains relationships with functional areas throughout CCNA and AARP.
- Facilitates and participates in dialogue among colleagues on common issues and best practices.
- Provides technical assistance to Action Coalitions and other groups working to implement the Institute of Medicine recommendations on the future of nursing
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and across multiple departments.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and electronic communication.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.