Supports the implementation and execution of strategic communications activities related to the Center to Champion Nursing in America and the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, both initiatives of AARP Foundation, AARP and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Contributes to communications strategic planning and implements projects with oversight by director of communications.
- Responsible for routine writing and editing assignments to support CCNA/the Campaign for Action, including blogs, social media content and other content as needed.
- Writes/builds presentations and talking points for speaking engagements of CCNA leaders.
- Project manages the production of reports and other documents, incorporating input and edits from multiple stakeholders.
- Manages multiple projects that contribute to the achievement of priorities.
- Supports CCNA director of communications.
- Supports as needed CCNA chief strategist/SVP of AARP Public Policy Institute.
- Provides communications support at CCNA/Campaign for Action events.
- Contributes to Campaign for Action social media.
- Oversees the production of the Campaign newsletter as needed.
- Leads updating of Campaign collateral.
- Contributes to maintaining of Campaign website.
- Maintains consistency in style standards for Campaign.
- Provides communications technical assistance to state-based coalitions and other allies as needed.
- Must have experience as a communications professional.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. A writing test is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues across all levels and across departments.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and electronic communication.
- Design skills are a plus.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.