AARP's Government Affairs Team is looking for a star intern to work on the Campaigns team. You will develop your business skills while working for the largest social mission organization in the country. This is a paid internship scheduled to begin in May/June 20019 and continue through August 2019. Interns will be allowed to work up to 25 hours per week.
You will work under the close supervision of Campaign management staff. Self-motivation and the ability to work independently as part of the team and collaboratively are required. You will have opportunities to work closely with the Manager and other members of the Campaigns team as necessary, to support the goals of AARP Campaigns. Your primary duties will include:
- Preparing materials related to AARP’s multi-state campaigns by utilizing PowerPoint, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Gathering research and compiling information and recommendations regarding priority advocacy issues. This could include online searches, reviewing publications, and accessing library materials.
- Collaborating with other organizations around AARP's priorities;
AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated college and are now enrolled in a continuing education program.
- The intern should have the ability to work under tight deadlines at times and be able to cope with a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Commitment to the goals and priorities of AARP;
- Demonstrated skill in using Word, Excel, Power Point and online search tools.
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.