HBI is currently seeking an Associate Vice President of Workforce Development Programs. This is a nationwide position with primary duties in Washington, DC and Florida, but may cover other areas geographically.
In this role you will:
- Direct and administer activities and oversee operations and staff of identified Workforce Training & Employment career centers.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine each career center’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports, summarizing funding as to the progress toward contractual outcomes and including recommendations for maintenance of or changes in procedures. Submit reports to funding sources and Vice President of WTE.
- Negotiates with contracting officials, government and industry groups, to promote establishment of effective new career centers and to resolve training problems as required.
- Review strategic plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing contract goals, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- Plan and coordinate Regional Program Managers and Regional Operations Managers training to improve efficiency and secure conformance with standards, procedures, and practices.
- Plan and develop methods and procedures for WTE career centers, directs and coordinates center activities, and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or services of each contract.
- Visit WTE career centers to ensure that existing centers conform to training standards, investigates discrepancies, and submits progress reports.
- Network with local and state Home Builders Associations.
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out-of-state (up to 40% annually).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in leadership or management positions.
- Experience in preparing and negotiating proposals and reports required.
- Knowledge of workforce development operations with the ability to work with underserved and disconnected populations preferred.
- Proven leadership managing systems, operations, and programs in the workforce development field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of government and industry groups and individuals.
- Proven experience in budget preparation and expenditure monitoring and control.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills needed
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, MS Office, Outlook, and various database applications
- Must possess a current valid state drivers’ license.
Apply at www.hbi.org
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.