Performs receptionist and administrative duties for 10 staff that make up the DC Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (DCLTCOP). Incumbent(s) in this position provide administrative duties that are varied in nature and require specific knowledge of the DCLTCOP and in depth knowledge of standard practice and protocol.
May perform all or a significant combination of tasks described below depending on operational requirements:
- Provides administrative support to LCE DCLTCOP.
- Processes 6-108 Discharge Notices, Incident Reports, Site Visit Tracking Form, and Post Card Surveys.
- Ensures 6-108 Discharge Notices that need immediate response and review are distributed to the staff attorney and appropriate ombudsman.
- Handles incoming DCLTCOP hotline calls, screening and routing as appropriate. Demonstrate compassion and understanding for callers dealing with and reporting difficult life situations.
- Engages Language Line as appropriate
- Provides informative, courteous and thoughtful responses to callers.
- Greets and directs walk-ins and/or internal and external individuals to appropriate staff persons.
- Assists in maintaining filing systems and resident related files, including facility/ agency directories and legislative testimony and comments.
- Respond to and track requests for program materials
- Receives and distributes department/section mail as appropriate.
- Performs data entry for program data management systems, including Ombudsmanager, BOX and Excel.
- Record and distribute Program Meeting Minutes
- Coordinates and schedules meetings; conference rooms and handles catering requests.
- Exhibits AARP Values in all interactions.
- At least 2 years of general administrative experience related to the nature of work, which includes: proficiency with Microsoft Office (primarily Word Excel and Outlook), data entry, departmental receptionist work, and record-keeping functions.
- Must be computer literate and able to easily navigate AARP internal network site and be comfortable using web-based resources and applications (e.g. strong and proficient web search ability).
- Basic business writing skills for professional communication by email.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.