Support business units across AARP that communicate with members, expired members, and/or non-members with: (1) data sourcing and targeting recommendations, (2) audience selections, and (3) marketing analysis. This position requires both strong data manipulation and client management skills. A direct response background is a must, as well as prior experience with campaign management tools and analysis.
The Account Executive interfaces with AARP’s business units to meet their communication goals, in addition to collaborating across AARP, its affiliates, and vendors to achieve the following:
- Drive Dashboard goals of impact, relevance and revenue through targeting and strategic data segmentation. Ensure we are consistently identifying the most relevant audience for member communications by leveraging models and/or other data attributes that have proven successful.
- Execute prospect and/or member campaigns via IBM/Unica Affinium Campaign in an accurate and timely basis. Establish and/or adhere to appropriate QC measures to ensure accuracy of outputs. Reduce the complexity and improve the efficiency of campaign set up.
- Provide decision-making support for campaign and test activities, and instill rigor in the evaluation of our communication efforts. Provide campaign reports and updates, trends and result reviews.
- Further the data driven discipline of the organization to increase the efficiency of our communications through enhancements to decision-making processes, infrastructure tools, and member data availability. Foster teamwork and collaboration with business units and other teams to ensure programs are integrated and implemented according to specified plans, and that analytic and infrastructure development needs are prioritized, qualified, tracked and delivered.
- Marketing savvy with technical aptitude
- A direct or database marketing professional with comprehensive experience in the areas of targeting, campaign/test analysis, CRM, and overlay data
- A strategic thinker with good analytical skills, able to provide targeting recommendations based on past performance and/or other analyses
- An excellent communicator with a strong phone and in-person presence; someone service oriented who can make recommendations in a diplomatic manner
- Extremely detail oriented
- An expert user of IBM/Unica Affinium Campaign or another campaign management / list selection tool
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel, word processing, presentation graphics, and relational database software;
- Experience in Direct Response Fundraising or fundraising campaign selection tools is a plus.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.