The Experience Metrics Sr. Advisor reports directly to the VP, AARP Experience Change Capability and Metrics and leads the understanding and adoption of CX measurement strategies across the enterprise. By partnering with internal AARP Experience teams and leveraging existing relationships with other business units, this position uncovers opportunities to work with business units external to AARP Experience and leads the integration of CX metrics into how success is measured.
This position requires the ability to collaborate across a complex organization and demonstrates excellent understanding of, and ability to work within, organizational politics, networks, and a matrix management system. The Experience Metrics Sr. Advisor will recommend and develop balanced scorecards, incorporating CX metrics that are meaningful to the business to drive member success and loyalty, and enticing new members to join.
- Identify opportunities to expand adoption of CX metrics into balanced scorecards. Create relationships with and proactively engage external (to AARP Experience) business units in the creation of balanced scorecards. Identify specific opportunities where business and CX goals may seem in conflict and resolve the tension by putting AARP’s Consumer Commitment into practice.
- Map journey frameworks. Work with business units to document current state business metrics and identify opportunities to be more consumer-centric. Use bright spot analysis to gather sharable insights and create efficiencies in meeting and exceeding consumer expectations across departments and business units.
- Identify and gather CX metrics. Support the enablement of AARP employees to self-manage CX optimization through development of documentation and repeatable processes.
- Create balanced scorecards to track both CX and Business KPIs. Build use cases through which the organization can identify and understand the causality between low-level operational metrics and higher-level strategic CX metrics presented to executives.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the ability to keep the higher level view to be able to help establish priorities that can be communicated to all stakeholders involved.
- Problem-solve complex questions by using data in creative ways.
- Exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manage projects across multiple business units with potentially competing priorities toward one goal.
- Negotiate and mediate conflicts of interest, working through what is needed and what can be achieved within given time constraints.
- Provide insights and solutions where needed to keep projects moving forward.
- Ensure communication channels between all business units on any particular project are in place and working effectively at all times so that all are informed of current project status and any potential issues that could impact a project as they arise.
- Proactively manage expectations through clear and frequent communications.
- Escalate stalled projects without disenfranchising cross organizational stakeholders.
- The optimal candidate will have customer experience and program/project management background, with a proven ability to manage peer groups toward a common goal.
- This position requires 7+ years of proven experience in putting the consumer first, in a CX or related discipline.
- The candidate must know how to work in a collaborative manner, establish new customer engagement methodologies, as well as have significant direct response marketing experience, significant project management experience, and strong communications skills at all levels.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.