The Take On Wall Street campaign came together to build a financial system for white, black, and brown working families, not big Wall Street banks. In the spring of 2016, over 50 groups decided to work together to envision a better financial system, train activists, cultivate champions, and fight for policy change to address the predatory economic power of big Wall Street banks and billionaires, and build a financial system for all of us. Take On Wall Street is hosted by Americans for Financial Reform (AFR).
How to apply:
The Take On Wall Street campaign is housed within Americans for Financial Reform. Please send a letter of interest and a resume to Darrell Diggins at: [email protected]. (Enter “TOWS Advocacy Coordinator” in subject line.)
The Advocacy Coordinator will:
- Help manage and move policy advocacy campaigns to advance our agenda in Congress, including postal banking, breaking up the big banks, introducing a Wall Street sales tax, and stopping stock buybacks, among other issues.
- Maintain and build relationships with state and local partners on grassroots and grasstops outreach, mobilization, and advocacy strategies.
- Work with director and AFR’s digital lead to ramp up Take On Wall Street’s social media presence, maintain website, and manage email action list.
- Work with coalition partners to develop, maintain and share campaign materials and resources necessary to succeed in our collective advocacy.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for economic, racial, and gender justice, and have a demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse team of colleagues and allies. Other strongly preferred experience and qualities include:
- Familiarity with advocacy and organizing, ideally in coalition
- Social media and/or website maintenance experience
- Strong writing and communication skills, including ability to distill complex topics into accessible and compelling formats
- The ability to manage multiple projects and navigate complex policies or relationships with attention to detail.
Salary and benefits: The salary for this position ranges from $50,000 to $70,000 with exact salary depending on experience. This position is based in DC. Generous benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k. AFR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
AFR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
For more information on AFR, see our website at www.ourfinancialsecurity.org