Be a part of a dynamic team whose work enriches the health of communities by strengthening city and county health departments. At the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), we are united by our work to improve our country's 3,000 U.S. local health departments. We represent the voice of local public health while striving to live out our core values of equity, excellence, participation, respect, integrity, leadership, science and innovation. We provide our employees with meaningful work, opportunities to learn and grow, a strong work/life balance, and a flexible, hybrid work schedule while being a part of a collaborative team.
We are interested in growing our team with passionate, committed, and innovative individuals. The Senior Program Assistant Preparedness will join NACCHO at a time of dynamic growth. This position is important in the Programs Department, and the core responsibilities of the position include:
Senior Program Assistant holds senior level technical or administrative position that usually require several years of experience. The person will have a minimum of three to five, beyond vocational or technical training to perform complex administrative or technical activities. The Senior Program Assistant is responsible for office coordination, use of computer software programs, management of an activity requiring system coordination and extensive interaction with internal employees and external clients. The Senior Program Assistants will have a high school diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of three years’ work experience. A graduates of a two-year associate degree program may be qualified for this position. Some persons holding bachelor’s degrees may accept positions at this level in order to gain the experience or exposure needed to obtain a specialist position.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Preparedness Senior Program Assistant is responsible for supporting NACCHO’s Preparedness team portfolio of projects, including but not limited to the Medical Reserve Corps, Rural and Frontier Workforce Development. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to 8-10 preparedness staff, organizing advisory committee meetings, and other NACCHO-related meetings. The work involves collaboration with fellow staff and coordination with NACCHO member local health departments. The work also requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Perform administrative tasks; including but not limited to: coordination of online and face-to-face conferences, meetings, and other special events. Drafting letters, reports, memos, agendas, minutes, or other documents from rough draft, verbal instruction, or established templates. Prepare mailings as needed.
- Manage, track, and perform administrative processing of vendor or subaward contract processing, check request processing, and mailing checks. Coordinate with contract, finance, and accounting teams for processing and policies.
- Manage project distribution lists and LHD contact lists. Develop and maintain a database of meeting minutes, notes, and other qualitative information for preparedness advisory groups and projects.
- Monitor and provide administrative updates for preparedness webpages, track website statistics, and post new information as needed.
- Coordinate with communications specialist to promote preparedness related resources or activities through social networking sites or other NACCHO news platforms (e.g. twitter, facebook).
- Track and monitor preparedness or project related resources.
- Coordinate conference calls for preparedness work groups and other related activities (e.g., maintaining committee lists, dissemination of call notes, and overseeing mailings to committee members) with appropriate co-workers, as needed.
- Support NACCHO staff at external meetings (minimal travel required).
- Oversee the dissemination and reprinting of project-related items and publications.
- Assist with the development of program resources or marketing materials.
- Monitor, track and provide overall administrative oversight of the MRC and preparedness toolkits.
- Provide adequate time management of all project related tasks and deliverables.
Senior Assistants will have a high school degree or the equivalent and a minimum of three years work experience. Associate Degree or equivalent relevant field and two years related experience; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Some persons holding bachelor’s degrees may accept positions at this level in order to gain the experience or exposure needed to obtain a specialist position.
- Demonstrated interest in public health preparedness, emergency management, or related field; experience preferred.
- Experience working in an association environment preferred.
- Excellent ability to balance multiple priorities, and to effectively communicate about the status of projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Strong computer skills with spreadsheet and Microsoft Office software experience required.
- Computer skills with webpage development is a plus.
- Ability to telework as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate
- Full-time, NON Exempt, TERM: This position is considered a term position made possible through grant funding, some or all of which is scheduled to end July 31, 2023. While NACCHO will make every effort to secure continued funding, this position may be eliminated on July 31, 2023.
Salary Range: $50,880 - $54,040
Mandatory Vaccination Policy: As a Public Health organization, NACCHO follows CDC guidelines and advisories relating to the health of all. NACCHO has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy applicable to all NACCHO employees to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.
We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample with salary requirements to: PN 259 – Senior Program Assistant - Preparedness using the following link:
NACCHO offers generous benefits package such as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD insurances
- 15 days of paid vacation & 13 days of sick leave and other types of leave
- 403(b) Retirement plan,
- Hybrid Remote Work Available
At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/wbLlqzCDyJzX5sJjBig1en
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/wbLlqzCDyJzX5sJjBig1en