The Program Director position is a critically important one within Wonders as the incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day program operations at one of our Early Learning + Extended Day programs. The Program Director represents Wonders to the children, families and community served and has the responsibility for directing the Wonders program staff in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities for the participating children.
In addition, the Program Director will provide thought leadership to the Program staff through in-service training, on-going professional development and career development opportunities.
A critical aspect of this position is developing and maintaining communications with families and staff. Families, in particular, must be fully informed of Program activities and special events. Families will be welcomed in the Program and the classroom at all times.
The Program Director will implement all Wonders policies, procedures and practices in an efficient and thorough manner and will be involved in the development of those policies.
- Oversee the development and implementation of curriculum
- Supervise and lead staff
- Participate in recruitment activities
- Order and maintain adequate program and office supplies and resources
- Conduct regular meetings with staff, parents, and community representatives
- Organize and maintain filing systems including children and staff files
- Conduct open houses and other community outreach activities
- Complete all enrollment and re-enrollment processes
- Assist families with scholarship or other tuition support applications
- Collect all deposits, fees and tuitions
- Ensure the program meets all state licensing requirements
- Aid in establishing and/or maintaining accreditation
- Attend a minimum of 24 hours of staff training yearly (MSDE/OCC approved for MD staff)
- Maintain Pediatric First Aid and CPR certification
- Establish and nurture partnership with families
- Recognize and report signs of illness, child abuse and safety hazard to appropriate authorities
- Become familiar with and abide by all Wonders Early Learning + Extended Day policies, including those in the staff handbook, parent handbook and terms of employment
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- BA or BS degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or related field
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Preference will be given to previous experience as a Program Director
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative, nurturing, dependable, and fun
Salary ranges from $51,000 – 61,000/annually commensurate with education and experience.