Are you a membership professional looking to be a part of a movement for justice? Can you think about both developing member value and helping members work collaboratively to build power?
If so, NCRC might be the place for you! NCRC, or the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, is looking for a Membership Engagement Manager. This person will help NCRC develop and implement systems and programs to recruit and retain NCRC’s members. NCRC works closely with our members to champion fairness and end discrimination in lending, housing and business.
Since 2016, NCRC and its national network of nonprofit members have been able to use the Community Reinvestment Act, or CRA, to negotiate 13 community benefits agreements that will put over $200 billion into underserved communities. We have been able to do this with a combination of policy expertise, effective research, and hundreds of meetings with our members where we learn about what is needed most and work out strategies to get financial institutions to respond to those needs.
If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then NCRC wants to talk to you about being our Membership Engagement Manager! This is a great career move if you are interested in applying expertise from a membership or association background in a nontraditional membership context. NCRC’s members include community reinvestment organizations; community development corporations; local and state government agencies; faith-based institutions; community organizing and civil rights groups; minority and women-owned business associations, as well as local and social service providers from across the nation. Their missions, communities, and needs are incredibly diverse, but together they are fighting for a just economy. This role will help NCRC better support our members in their local work and connect them to the organizing and advocacy work happening on a national level.
If you are looking for an opportunity to get actively involved in creating a Just Economy that provides opportunities for everyone, or if you are already involved in this work and want to take it to the next level, then what are you waiting for? Apply today by visiting ncrc.org/careers/.
- Develops and standardizes processes for onboarding new members and engaging current members through the use of email, calls, webinars, and in-person meetings.
- Develops and implements a deeper member engagement strategy that includes training, technical assistance, and limited funding resources to help build member capacity.
- Evaluates the current dues structure and membership categories and make recommendations on potential updates and model changes.
- Develops and implements tools, such as surveys and focus groups, to gain feedback from members to improve member benefits, increase engagement, and provide input into NCRC’s national advocacy agenda.
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge of NCRC membership, including important issues and projects of interest to help the national office stay on trend.
- Coordinates cross-departmentally to create training and technical assistance programs – such as webinars, workshops, and time-sensitive education campaigns – to build the knowledge and power amongst NCRC’s membership.
- Assists with the planning and development of the Just Economy Conference, giving specific focus to the content development and membership scholarship process to strengthen participant experience at the Conference.
- Identifies and implements systems for increasing institutional knowledge concerning membership base.
- Participates in statewide and regional calls, NCRC Summits, and other community and/or industry events when possible to stay abreast of local issues and work.
- Collaborates with the Communications team to draft member content, segment audiences, and monitor and increase open and click-through rates.
- Develops membership recruitment strategies and campaigns in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Collaborates with Membership Engagement Specialist to provide a consistently high level of customer service through the creation of feedback loops to address and correct issues that impact members.
- Works with Digital Marketing Manager/CRM Lead on data integrity efforts and helps the organization increase collection and use of data to support membership engagement and growth
- Tracks and reports on Membership Metrics & KPIs and works with Director of Membership & Events to set and reach data-driven goals
- Assist with fundraising and resource development as needed
- At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Successful track record in nonprofit program management and/or membership association work preferred.
It is important that our staff feels financially secure and able to enjoy life outside of work. We offer competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with match
- Generous vacation time
- Paid holidays, including Juneteenth and national election day
- Professional development budget for all staff
- Social events
- Flexible spending accounts
- Remote work
- On-site gym
Our DC headquarters building has amenities such as an onsite gym, kitchens, community eating spaces, and private meeting spaces that are accessible to all NCRC employees.
To apply, visit ncrc.org/careers.
Salary Range: $70-$75k, commensurate with experience.
NCRC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.