The person in this position will primarily focus on our new 50% Youth Participation by America 250 (50by250) campaign. For the first several months (tentatively January – April/May 2022) you will focus on one-time projects to launch the 50by250 campaign and then transition to managing our partner organization grant programs that support local 50by250 partners for the 2022-2023 program/academic year (beginning in May/June 2022).
Partner Organization Grant Program Management (60%) – January - April/May 2022
- Map current partner relationships to identify local and statewide partners for outreach. Develop local partner commitment and onboarding process and recommended action & policy agendas.
- Curate content (organization profiles, programs, campaigns/events, grants, resources, trainings, project ideas, research, stories, etc.) for the Youth Participation Clearinghouse.
- Help write an initial State of the Field Report, support prevalence study of youth participation in America’s schools (to be completed by an outside research firm), and compile a meta-analysis of recent reports.
- Support planning for July 2022 event to include a partner convening (including hybrid virtual + in-person working group sessions); grantee Youth Service Institute training; youth summit; and campaign announcement event (including release of State of the Field report).
- Support the VP of Partnerships and VP of Operations in updating and digitizing YSA’s signature project planning resources, including creation of videos and/or interactive online courses.
Beginning in May/June 2022, this position will take on leadership of our organizational grant programs
Partner Organization Grant Program Management (60%) – starting May/June 2022
Assume a leadership responsibility recruiting, managing, and sustaining relationships with our partner organization grantees. Programs include the National Days of Service Lead Agency Grants (supporting 9/11 Day, MLK Day in January, and Global Youth Service Day in April), the Youth Service Zone Grants, and the YSA Afterschool Grants. This portfolio may change based on available funding. The Lead Agency and Youth Service Zone programs are key components of YSA's B2B strategy: to support other organizations with resources and capacity-building training so that they may develop their own high-impact, large-scale youth participation programs.
The person in this position will manage all aspects of our organization grant programs, including:
- Recruitment and Selection: Update program landing pages, applications, and promotional materials; recruit organizations and schools to apply; manage application review and selection process; and notify awarded organizations.
- Training and Support: Create program training materials; train grantees in person and online, leveraging the skills and expertise of YSA staff. Facilitate networking and best practice / resource sharing among grantees through mass email communications. Communicate regularly with grantees via phone, e-mail, and video conferencing.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Collect and analyze Lead Agency progress and final report data, sharing pertinent information with YSA staff and funding partners; produce final program reports for inclusion in YSA Annual Report and reports to sponsors; compile content for digital asset management, knowledge management, and YSA storytelling.
Website & CRM Management (20%)
Work with the Vice President of Operations to manage YSA’s websites (using WordPress CMS) and CRM system (Salesforce) to support promotion and tracking of 50by250 campaign, National Days of Service, and YSA Grants programs – including 50by250 partner commitments, National Days of Service activity registration & reporting, YSA grant applications & reporting, and recognition & storytelling activities.
Other Partnerships (20%)
Work with the Vice President of Partnerships to manage 50by250 local partner outreach, recruitment, and regular communication – focusing on National Days of Service participants, partner organization grant applicants, grantees, and their coalition members, and National Partner chapters/affiliates. Support the entire senior leadership team in tracking and following up on National Partner meetings.
- 3-5 years experience working or volunteering with a nonprofit, school, afterschool, or youth development program delivering or managing youth programs.
- Passion for youth participation (volunteering and service, voting and civic engagement, joining and leadership development), youth development, and/or education.
- Salesforce and WordPress (or similar CRM and CMS systems) required. Comfortable and intuitive with new technology and willingness to learn new systems.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage large amounts of information.
- Willing and able to both work in teams and independently.
- A hard worker, willing to go beyond the minimum expectations to achieve quality results.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, and willingness to accept feedback from peers.
Starting salary for this position is $60,000 annually, which is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
YSA offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes 48 PTO days/year (12 flexible PTO days, 24 “All Staff PTO Days” including Summer Fridays between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend and the week between Christmas and New Year’s, 11 federal holidays, and your birthday); 100% of premiums paid for medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance; and up to 3% of salary match of 403(b) retirement account contributions.
Submit application materials at https://bit.ly/30iqjKV
Accepting applications through December 5.
This position is 100% virtual, with limited travel required for in-person YSA events and grantee trainings & site visits. YSA will provide a laptop, and employee will need to maintain their own office space at home. YSA’s office has been all-virtual since January 2019, and will continue to be, so applicants may be located anywhere in the United States. All staff currently live in the DC metro area, so candidates from the DC area are preferred, but we will hire the best candidate, regardless of location.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations for 50by250 and website & CRM responsibilities and to the Vice President of Partnerships for organizational grant program management and local partnerships.
YSA is committed to building a diverse staff, and is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and hiring individuals without regard to race/ethnicity, age, physical ability, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
YSA is an Employer of National Service, so AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, military veterans, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.