Non-Profit Director of Finance
Are you a skilled accounting professional who is comfortable working in a creative, stimulating, and fast paced environment? If you answered yes to this question, we want to hear from you. Duke Ellington School of the Arts is currently seeking a full time Director of Finance to join their team. This position will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Finance Department of two related organizations. You will work closely with the CFO and the Board of Directors to manage the annual audit, tax returns, investments, and grants.
To be successful in this role, you must be a team player and flexible leader. You will have responsibility for managing a staff of two and you will interface with all levels of the organization on a daily basis.
In this role you can expect to perform the following primary duties that include but not limited to:
- Monthly financial statement preparation and work paper analysis.
- Cash flow management.
- Maintenance of restricted funds for intercompany and departmental reports.
- Assist CFO/CEO in other administrative and financial matters including but not limited to preparation of detailed financial analyses, working with development staff to prepare program and grant reports and annual budget preparation/management.
- 10 years of non-profit experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must hold a current CPA license.
- Proven expertise in professionally and effectively collaborating with BOD and key stakeholders
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with non-profit accounting software is required, MIP Abila software experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze financial data and improve internal controls.
- Prior experience managing and developing staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible while still maintaining high standards of professionalism.
- Thrives in a team environment, but also able to work independently.
- Knowledge of employee benefits, insurance, government regulations and payroll.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer