This position is an exciting opportunity to serve with one of the most respected and impactful organizations in Washington, DC. Central Union Mission has been serving the homeless and low-income families in the nation’s capital for 137 years. The Mission has some of the most strategic programs in the nation for combatting homelessness. In coordination with the leadership of the Workforce Development & Education Department (WDE) the Education Instructor is responsible for the development of the WDE education program at the CFRC and providing expert instructional design, training and technology expertise that leads to positive educational outcomes for CFRC consumers. The Education Instructor will ensure seamless coordination and collaboration with existing CFRC staff, agencies and community partners and consumers.
50% Program Implementation-Coaching & Job Placement
- Serve as a member of the team to advance Workforce Development and Education at the CFRC in coordination with CFRC Education and Employment Manager, Sr. Director of WDE, Education Instructor and other key staff.
- Develop employment plan and portfolio for each participant based on individual assessment; facilitate/deliver skills-based and professional development training.
- Research, recommend, and implement strategies to identify appropriate skills and work-based learning opportunities to include on-the-job and/or apprentice based training programs; match consumers to appropriate employers based on knowledge skills abilities.
- Communicate regularly with portfolio of clients and in accordance with their needs
30% Monitoring, Tracking and Reporting
- Monitor guest and consumer progress daily; complete progress notes, daily logs, timesheets, individual planning activities, and other documentation thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Track and report client management activities using Mission Tracker HMIS
- Effectively use database technology and other resources to track participant activities, task completion, badges, certificates, certifications diplomas and other competencies secured.
- Report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual workforce development data in Mission Tracker
20% Networking and Community Engagement
- Conduct outreach, promoting and recruiting participants among existing consumers and throughout the community.
- Network with existing and prospective employers, educational providers and other community leaders to identify partners, apprenticeship opportunities and internships.
- Facilitate on-the job-site coaching with participants to include employee/employer assistance and support.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in a non-profit, faith-based or human services organization/agency.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- A minimum of an Associate degree or 2-years direct experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred in vocational education, adult-education/education, counseling, psychology or other related field
- Must possess direct delivery of services, data base usage and adult-based education experience.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to build relationships quickly and across diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be culturally competent; comfortable interfacing with a wide variety of constituents—diverse constituent groups, community and faith-based organizations, government agencies and for-profit companies.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and time management; high capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines; self-motivated; able to work independently and with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking, and the ability to intermittently kneel down, stoop, bend at the waist, twist at the waist and reach, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. (boxes, paper, office supplies, etc.).
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax, printers, multi-line phone systems).
- Must have good vision to read print and a computer screen.
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to include repetitive keyboarding, grasping, and reaching to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and/or standard office equipment.
- Agreement with and commitment to Central Union Mission’s mission and statement of faith required. Committed Christian and currently active in a local Christian church required.
Salary range $40,000 to 44,000
Health Insurance (80% employer contribution)
Paid Time Off