As Managing Director of Brand Amplification you will be responsible for creating amplification strategies, campaigns and activities that promote Teach For America’s (TFA) content, creative, events and brand with the goal of expanding TFA’s reach and increasing engagement among new and existing audiences.
You are a data-driven marketer with a growth hacker mindset. You have a passion for leveraging analytics, cultural trends, audience persona mapping/segmentation and guerilla tactics to drive brand awareness, relevance, distinction and affinity, as well as audience acquisition and retention. You will work in collaboration with an agile marketing team to find “white space” opportunities for amplification and quick wins where your creativity, strategic thinking, passion for data, entrepreneurial spirit and desire to partner are essential to success.
Your top priority will be to amplify TFA’s content, creative, events and brand by (a) developing and executing amplification strategies, (b) building relationships with brands, influencers and communities to promote our content and initiatives, increase our brand signal and broaden our audience, and (c) measuring amplification activities to optimize for scale and impact.
You will report to the Senior Managing Director, Paid Media.
- Be the marcomm subject matter expert on amplification strategies and tactics
- Develop brand amplification strategies that focus on meeting and exceeding audience growth, engagement and retention targets
- Deliver scalable amplification programs that include collaborations with influencers
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to implement promotional strategies and tactics
- Manage a calendar of new and recurring promotions of various sizes and frequency, including specific initiative based-campaigns and tentpole events
- Devise guerilla marketing tactics both online and offline to leverage cultural moments and drive relevance and virality
- Uncover amplification opportunities at every touchpoint within TFA’s brand experiences and work with internal partners to optimize touchpoints for deeper emotional connectivity
- Leverage data to identify audience development and content/creative opportunities, and use a “progress over perfection” mindset to execute innovative campaigns, social hacks, promotions, etc.
- Analyze consumption and engagement data for optimization and increased effectiveness
- Create, manage, and improve project documentation including scopes of work, project plans, deliverables, feedback, research, testing results, pre-launch checklists, post-launch cleanup, and postmortems on an on-going basis
- Consistently champion the TFA brand values and impact, acting as a role model both within the larger marketing and communications team and externally
- 6+ years of experience in marketing, communications, creative, digital or related field
- At least 2 years of influencer marketing and brand/marketing campaign management
- Knowledge of digital and influencer marketing, paid search, guerilla and viral marketing, branded content and acquisition/retention tactics.
- Strong knowledge of content development, social media space, internet and pop culture.
- Passion for data-driven marketing/performance marketing
- Ability to manage and prioritize against competing deadlines
- Strong organization, multitasking and presentation skills
- Solution-oriented with a can-do attitude; entrepreneurial mindset
- Can influence others toward outcomes through sophisticated relationship management and negotiation tactics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and audiences (corps members, alumni, executives , influencers and celebrities, creators/artists, marketers, agencies, talent managers and more
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Ability to travel to in-person meetings in various U.S. cities approx. once per month