As the Executive Assistant (EA) to the Senior Vice President, Regional Field Executive (RFE), you will provide critical support to the national Regional Operations Team by managing the administrative and operational work for an RFE and Chief of Staff (COS) to lead and manage a team of 9 Teach For America regional executive directors (EDs) who make up an RFE’s Home Team.
Together, with the Chief of Staff, you will build the infrastructure, systems and processes that will enable the RFE and COS to provide outstanding leadership, coaching, and support to the Executive Directors in their Home Team. As primary support for the RFE your responsibilities include: developing and maintaining a system of prioritization for the RFE, complex calendar management for high-level meetings with senior executives inside and outside the organization, , coordinating complex travel and logistics, designing and overseeing all RFE office operations, managing logistics for all regional home team engagement events and experiences, and executing on other high-impact projects as needed.
RFE Support (60 %)
- Lead strategic calendar management support for RFE with EDs, national partners, and other internal and external partners on a regular, recurring, as well as one-off basis.
- Create systems and structures to ensure RFE’s time, each day and week, is aligned with short-term and long-term priorities.
- Work alongside COS to determine cadence and priority of regional site visits ensuring alignment to organizational happenings.
- Coordinate with regional points of contact to establish the agenda and logistical needs for regional site visits (1-2 per month for RFE/COS).
- Manage and coordinate necessary flights and accommodations for the RFE’s monthly travel schedule.
- Maintain, manage and support the RFE’s daily prioritized task list.
- Prepare documents and materials for RFE to ensure effective use of work time and preparation for all meetings.
- Draft correspondence and strategic communications, including PowerPoint decks
- Serve as team budget manager and manage RFE and COS monthly budget; process and complete American Express and personal reimbursement expense reports for both RFE and COS (up to $10K per statement for each).
- Approve monthly expense report submissions from all direct reports of RFE.
Home Team Engagement & Operations (30 %)
- Support in executing overall team vision, priorities, goals and strategies.
- Contribute to design of Home Team key activities, process, work streams, and division of labor.
- Manage RFE and COS to ensure time allocations are priority-driven and focused.
- Build and maintain annual team calendar to provide clarity and inform strategy, planning, and coordination with regions.
- Support COS in the design and development of monthly Home Team calls with executive director team.
- Draft monthly Home Team Blasts alongside COS.
- Support COS in preparation for quarterly Progress Reviews.
- Develop project plan and support all logistics for Home Team retreats.
- Manage Home Team regional information and coordination of Box files.
- Support and nurture efforts to build strong home team culture by executing all Year of Service, birthday and other celebrations and recognition for RFE and home team.
- Support RFE and COS in implementing Annual Performance Reviews with EDs.
Special Projects (10 %)
- Support team hiring needs by managing RFE to tasks, coordinating interview logistics, communication with multiple constituents, and coordination with regional point person.
- Support the design of a structure to strategically support ED leadership ensuring alignment to the ED Profile.
- Develop strong project plans to support home team projects.
- Lead other special projects and components as requested.
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in an administrative support role
- Comfortable working remotely from manager
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, particularly the calendar feature
- Ability to make timely decisions and demonstrate strong judgment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Travel 3-5 times per year may be required.