350.org is seeking a senior Salesforce professional to lead our investment in the Salesforce platform, as part of a coordinated Product Team dedicated to providing the right tools at the right time, and to empowering 350 staff to use them for maximum possible impact in the world.
The Product Team at 350.org is a new unit formed to better support our amazing community of campaigners and volunteers throughout the world via technology, and we’re seeking both strategy and tactical-minded professionals to join this team in its first stages of development. That means not just people who are great technologists, but strategic thinkers who can help us build, integrate and continue to innovate systems to be used across the organisation. Are you looking for a dynamic, creative team that is evolving to better support activists doing incredible work?
Currently 350 uses CiviCRM, and will be moving to Salesforce. So the ideal candidate has the ability and enthusiasm to learn the ins and outs of either platform, pursue the continuous improvement of that platform, and support their colleagues in getting the most out of it.
- Manage and support the CRM team in its mission to strongly support staff to learn and use the system effectively, to prioritize high-value fixes and improvements, and to maintain system and data integrity.
- Seek out and gather the evolving needs of the organisation concerning the CRM and synthesize these needs into an ever-evolving product roadmap.
- Engage in extensive communication with staff and executive leaders to understand priorities and effectively communicate key choices and team capabilities.
- Oversee the customisation and adoption of Salesforce for several organisational teams around the globe, as well as the migration of a handful of teams from an existing CiviCRM system.
- Oversee healthy change management processes related to system adoption.
- Engage and manage a healthy relationship with external experts to bring necessary skills to the table.
- Create, manage, and advocate for budget to allow for team growth and for technology/development costs.
- Prioritize the ongoing work of the CRM team and external resources.
- Work closely with other members of the CRM team, the Product Team, and colleagues across the organization to arrive at smart, long term-oriented decisions, and cover all of the many disparate areas required for effective management of the platform and staff use of it.
- Engage in strategic thinking and planning about processes, vision, and improvements.
- When appropriate, execute under-the-hood configurations in Salesforce, workflow automation, data health checks, technical adjustments and improvements that are appropriate to be handled in-house.
- Execute, and where appropriate train others to execute, data integrity audits and cleanups, as well as data imports and exports. Monitor data quality on an ongoing basis to identify issues before they become major problems.
- Carry out and oversee quality assurance testing.
- Project manage / coordinate development requests being executed by external experts.
- Manage and participate extensively in the work of data cleanup and migration.
- Research and oversee research of best practices and become and expert where needed on third party integrated tools.
- Drive and oversee the migration of any and all data currently residing in legacy systems and spreadsheets into Salesforce.
- 3-5 years of Salesforce architecture and administration experience preferred but related experience will be considered.
- Additional languages to English
- Experience working in a remote, distributed team
- Experience working in a multicultural organisation
- Experience working for a non-profit organisation
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.