The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
Develop, prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training program.Will serve as a consultant and business partner to managers, employees, outside agencies, and others on all training and orientation related initiatives. Assists managers and employees in understanding and applying training tools in order to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement, and ensure legal compliance.
- Coordinates training services by organizing YMCA’s training materials; including, but not limited to write and develop internal training agendas and scripts, prepare handouts, create presentations, record and edit videos, host workshops, build e-learning programs and train in classroom environments.
- Uses web-based platforms to ensure trainings are posted online and oversees training calendar, registrations and training completion.
- Demonstrates proficiency in training facilitation techniques, both onsite and virtual. Must have the capacity to learn new training platforms.
- Markets YMCA training services to internal staff and leadership.
- Assesses quality of training services delivered by administering and reviewing evaluations.
- Monitors key metrics, including training numbers and department goals, to determine progress and appropriate actions, and to ensure compliance; provides reports to VP of Human Resources and Leadership.
- Creates and leads new hire onboarding program.
- Identifies strategic opportunities to evaluate and advance existing training methods and tools for the growth and improvement of the Associations’ organizational performance.
- Forecasts training and development resource needs and presents recommendations to VP of Human Resources.
- Supports the vision, goals and culture of YMCA of Orange County.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision using established procedures.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer literate with in-depth knowledge of MS office and web-based systems; visual aids technology.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required.
- Must be proficient in training methodologies, curriculum development and soft skills (communication skills, critical thinking, time management, team building, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to successfully develop and deliver training programs.
- Perform at a high energy pace, demonstrate enthusiasm for the Human Resource field, and deliver a motivational training style.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
3-5 years of experience in Human Resources and/or Training experience required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees. Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations based on best practices in line with Association policy.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Ability to plan and deliver presentations;
- Strong oral/written communication;
- Ability to foster team building and collaboration;
- Proficiency in Windows/Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Strong customer and results orientation;
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures; and
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Hourly: $21.00 - $28.00